DARK SIDE WANA BE

I've got a 235/60/16 Raptor on mine, with a Bridgstone front, and she will act a bit, let's say "different" when crossing the center strips in the road, and I'm still gun shy from having a full tank slapper on my Kaw ZRX1200r, a few months back. And I'm an old fart!

After a lot of work to the front forks (factory messed up) and rebalancing the rear tire again, the bike runs smooth from zero to 130 MPH. No wobble. Running a Bridgestone on the back and a Dunlop Elite on the front. The Dunlop is much better than the Avon when it comes to stability. Very smooth ride on the Highway and smooth around the corners. Real happy with it.:):):):):):)

Found a spare rim to mount a CT. It will go on for long trips of mainly freeway.

Does anyone know these brands?

CT.jpg CT2.jpg CT3.jpg

The consensus is for a 225/55/16. Any recommendations?
Go the 225 50 16 it makes a big difference and run ya tyre presser around 28-29 PSI .
I find the 55 is just a bit high and can change the steering a bit as well .
Getting some good Km out of it as well 25,000km a tyre.
Trying a different tyre and getting more out of it as well and smother .

Found a spare rim to mount a CT. It will go on for long trips of mainly freeway.

Does anyone know these brands?

CT.jpg CT2.jpg CT3.jpg

The consensus is for a 225/55/16. Any recommendations?

I don't condone DS setups, BUT, Riken Raptors are being sold in the US now. Tirerack has them in stock for ridiculously good prices.

Yes on the Raptors and Tirerack. Have one on my 2013, and just received another for my hard tail project. $60 + $20 shipping. Had it 1 day after I ordered.
235/60R-16 Riken Raptor HR (Qty:1)
04/25/2017
$80.65
Find. Deliver. Install. Smarter. ℠

I checked that Raptor tyre out and will give it a go after the Michelin Premacy 3 that I have on now.
A mate of mine, Frog, clocks up some serious KM over here with IBA rides has the Michelin and has done 20,000 km on it and it showing
hardly any wear and it is a smooth ride.
Previous tyres that we have used is the Maxi R 1 and a Brigstone .
The Maxi and Michelin were and are 50 , the Brigstone was a 55.
Sitting on 170 km + all day I found the steering not as combatable as the 50 .
my classic as a different rake on the front than the roster .
I would lay the big girl right over as well till the pins on the bottom of the foot pegs would drag.

I've got a 235/60/16 Raptor on mine, with a Bridgstone front, and she will act a bit, let's say "different" when crossing the center strips in the road, and I'm still gun shy from having a full tank slapper on my Kaw ZRX1200r, a few months back. And I'm an old fart!
THATS one reason I wont use car tires

Maybe that's why my hair turned grey? Ha!
YEP years ago we tried Car tires on the drag bikes and we had several crashes and some scary rides trying to control those FLAT tires and I had some wild rides on the TOP FUEL HARLEYS I raced back in the 60s SO Ill stick to the sweet handling MC tires that we use on the street and track

That's a fear call and different strokes for different fokes.
I see you have had plenty of expiries with fast bikes.
tyres have changed over many of year.
The only problem I have with the car tyre is when it is belting down with rain she likes to aqua plain and like
old mate said when the roads have ruts from heavy trucks .
That must explain my grey hear coming through and I have been blaming the war lord (cook)

Back