DARK SIDE WANA BE

1K9

No'mo Rocket 4 me
Ride
Honda CB1100
Found a spare rim to mount a CT. It will go on for long trips of mainly freeway.

Does anyone know these brands?

CT.jpg CT2.jpg CT3.jpg

The consensus is for a 225/55/16. Any recommendations?

Not familiar with that tire, the only way to tell if is good is to try it, Go for it!:thumbsup:

I like it because the side is kinda rounded and it is less that 60$ delivered. So for <300$ will have a spare rim with a cruising CT on it.
Nice to have in a long trip if we have a chase car. Might save me or someone else an expensive tow.

The Achilles cost a little more. Let's see if the thread rises a comment on it. Is there a CT that is particularly liked by the Rocket Dark Siders?

BTW installed a Shinko Journey to replace the scalloped Metz. Worth the change. The installer over inflated the tire to 45 psi and the bike felt very loose. Dropped it back to 36 cold. Will see tomorrow how it feels.

the Achilles would be my pick as it is directional also they are not a bad brand and I know of people that are quite happy with them on their cars might try that one next myself if I can get here

Do car tires work well on motorcycles? Are they safe? :thumbsdown:

Since I started this thread I'll try to tackle this question within my limited capacity. I have been in a room where all of my professional capacities and opinions have been questioned, even ridiculed later for those who did adopt my theories and methods.

It appears to me that car tires work well on motorcycles. If that were not the case, we would no be addressing the subject or question. The second question is a trick question because safety can be questioned by experts minuciously. If you are an expert you might tear me apart. Been there and endured that. If that is your job go at it. At this level this is just a debate among enthusiasts and such debate should be healthy. For example, I practiced a profession for 20 years that has been deemed unsafe by experts. When I was active I would explain to my patients the inherent risks of what I was going to do to them as best as I understood them to be. My patients and I together took the risk of applying forces to their spine. I have been debating with colleagues for years. They have learned and I have learned. Some people fill the debate room with knowledge others with dogma. It's all good.

Safety is relative. How well something works is relative. It only becomes absolute in a forum where an appointed expert opines and his point of view drives the hammer of the law. Motorcycles, cars or even walking can be unsafe. Not to mention riding horses or bicycles, flying, surfing, diving, water skiing, hunting, handling guns, and many other unsafe activities all of which I have undertaken. Have suffered serious personal injury but have recovered and have never injured anyone in the process or blamed anyone for my injuries.

I am a responsible adult. I have contemplated the idea of installing a car tire on a motorcycle rim for quite some time now. I have decided to do so after listening to many forums and opinions. My plan is to experiment with it and, if my senses feel that the tire is "not safe" I will take it off the rim and install an MC tire. I will be extra careful, to the best of my ability, during this experiment. The CT on MCs appears to be safe in my eyes right now. Might it be risky? Probably, just like the first few miles I will ride on my new front tire. Hopefully I don't become statistic as a result of the activity. So sir, if you have a mission to prohibit or prevent motorcyclists from doing something to their equipment or use it or not in a particular way, there are processes that lead to regulations that would accomplish so. Break a leg and go at it.

I don't know who you are, or what your intentions are when you posted those two seemingly innocent questions. What I do know is that the activities that are met with prohibition and regulation in the public's interest can best me modulated with education and training. Sir this is a group/forum of serious enthusiasts, all, in my view, intelligent and responsible and understand that motorsports are dangerous. I take the risk to play and so do my fellow bikers, because motorcycles are a blast to ride specially in a group. And even more so on a Triumph Rocket 3

I did in no way or fashion pretended to insult or offend any one with these lines and, if I did so, I apologize. OK that's it for me now...
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
HansO thank you for the feedback. Will visit with my primos tire guys to see what they have in stock. My light tune please;) Installing the CAT bypass tomorrow. The PC cable is in transit but it might be here any time.

It's cool outside, Let Ride :ninja:

Rode around Australia on an Achilles and it was great - still going strong a year after. Currently running a Bridgestone Supercat, will probably go back to the Achilles in a couple of years when the Bridgestone wears half down ...... don't listen to anyone, you have already made the decision, just do it, persevere, push the bike around a bit harder - you have to work for anything good and you will be rewarded. If you regularly carry a pillion, they will love the softness once they get used to the quirky feelings and you will love being able to grab a gutful of throttle from the apex of corners without that feeling that the rear end might just try to pass the front end putting you on your backside. Get all that Rocket power to the ground .... then go looking for more power to put down .... its an addictive cycle.:D

Back