Leaving the Dark Side

atomsplitter

Living Legend
Ride
17 T-120 Black, 20 Bobber Black, 98 Trophy 1200
I've been riding the Dark Side since 2008 and it has been a trip (or two). While I've been glad for the extended mileage I can't say I prefer the ride to a MC tire. Since I've switched to a Bonny for daily rides I'm putting the Metz ME888 back on the beast. When I was putting 10K miles/yr on the beast the dark side was smart $, now that I'm putting 1K on a yr, the dark side is not a handling bargain. My most recent trip to Missouri on the Rocket was a handful compared to my Bonny, so the MC tire is on order. Maybe I'll be tempted to put more miles on the Rock if it handles better than currently.

I've been riding the Dark Side since 2008 and it has been a trip (or two). While I've been glad for the extended mileage I can't say I prefer the ride to a MC tire. Since I've switched to a Bonny for daily rides I'm putting the Metz ME888 back on the beast. When I was putting 10K miles/yr on the beast the dark side was smart $, now that I'm putting 1K on a yr, the dark side is not a handling bargain. My most recent trip to Missouri on the Rocket was a handful compared to my Bonny, so the MC tire is on order. Maybe I'll be tempted to put more miles on the Rock if it handles better than currently.
You'll have to give back your cookie....................

be happy

I'll be a lot happier with a bike tire for the type riding I've been doing lately, that's a fact. While I love my Rocket (a love affair going on for 16 years), the Bonneville is just hard to beat around town, light, nimble, has some grunt and fun in the corners.

Back