D&D & 12 Minute tune

triroketman

Supercharged
Hey Guys I wondering, if I get the D&D Pipes and install them myself. Will the 12 minute tune be sufficient or will I have to get a remap and buy a tuneboy too.
Dave
06 Classic R&W

Without any intake mods I would do the 12 minute tune. You will get some afterfiring on decel though. If you do a K&N or any other intake mods I would definately get a PCIII or Tuneboy. Loading any other stock tune will cause you to lose power.

Without any intake mods I would do the 12 minute tune. You will get some afterfiring on decel though. If you do a K&N or any other intake mods I would definately get a PCIII or Tuneboy. Loading any other stock tune will cause you to lose power.

D&D? Deliver and dispose. If, after 12 minutes, even more so with some intake mods, you're not done with her in terms of both delivering and disposing, you're losing power.

You need a tune, boy:rolleyes:

12 minute tune D&D pipes again

I have a new 2008 Rocket. I am still not clear on D&D pipes? Will the 12 minute tune work. I don't wish to purchase tuneboy at this time. My bike stays in storage for 2 months at a time while I work overseas, then I ride for 3 weeks(500-800 miles). I love the bike just want more sound or better sound, I like the D&D's sound and price. Bottom line can I put the pipes on in my driveway and do the 12 minute tune and ride? I really apreciate a straight answer is if possible. Dealer wants to install pipes and charge 2 hour labor including tune or as parts lady called remap? What tune, are they just gonna do a 12 minute tune? If anybody is running these on 12 minute tune please reply.

I have an 07 Rocket and added D&D pipes last year and did the 12 minute tune, the bike run fine with just a little decel popping. I couldn't leave well enough alone so I got a PCIII , ran for about 6 mos. then I finally had it dynoed. big difference!!!!

by the way, the pipes are very easy to install, put them on and make sure you do the 12 minute tune correctly. and enjoy the ride!!

Back