Custom tune on my 2020 R dyno sheet

Did you pull the headlight fuse and hook it to a battery tender? Plus you have to leave the key fob on the bike so it does not shut off. I set the fob on the tank and put the phone next to the obdlink took about 15 min to upload. You can only upload not download, view or save any file on the ecu. Are you loading the correct file. The file has to be based on your model and country. They are not interchangeable.
So i cant use a usa map in europe. Or gt map on a r ?

so did you fix the problem?...i have tried a few times today...OBDlink LX...android cell phone...thru ECU....stops and tells me the bluetooth device is not compatible...WTF?
No, same issue, tried a few times, waiting to hear something on tuneecu forum

so did you fix the problem?...i have tried a few times today...OBDlink LX...android cell phone...thru ECU....stops and tells me the bluetooth device is not compatible...WTF?

You know i pulled what i thought was the headlight fuse but the lights remained on....key fob is laying in by the battery..tender connected....
I had the tune sent to me from 'The Lady' after filling out all the information she asked for...hopefully she realized im not in the USA..?
Downloaded the tune from email to my Phone and purchased a OBDlink LX.....paired them together...downloaded ECU app to run it thru...everything seemed ok but then this error came up.
Ok let me get off work and I will do detailed run down on what to do.

How do you know this? Did you try to load an R map onto a GT or visa versa? The all markets maps for the GT and R, 31012 and 31018, should work in all markets, unless a “specific” tune is required for a “specific” market. I would be surprised if Alain Fontaine would publish maps that don’t work on bikes in Belgium. Also, you should be able to copy tables from a custom GT map into a stock R map.

mine is the 31012 map...its in the early morning here now and i have alot to do today so will address this issue a bit later....any further help from gurus will be appreciated...thanx.

I was able to get past the "Device not compatible" error by starting the engine. I connects and all the dials are going etc. Then tried shutting of engine (leaving ignition on) to upload map, it starts "reprogramming" with the status bar, but then stops with a "Download error", which makes no sense since I am "uploading"

I was able to get past the "Device not compatible" error by starting the engine. I connects and all the dials are going etc. Then tried shutting of engine (leaving ignition on) to upload map, it starts "reprogramming" with the status bar, but then stops with a "Download error", which makes no sense since I am "uploading"
There have been quite a few guys trying to get into the new Triumph ECUs until Alain finally made it. The problem with these ECUs is, that they will completely shut down, if you do something wrong. And there is no way to restore it. It has to be sent to the factory. My recommendation is not to try too anything out of the line with maps, that do not fit your bike.

There have been quite a few guys trying to get into the new Triumph ECUs until Alain finally made it. The problem with these ECUs is, that they will completely shut down, if you do something wrong. And there is no way to restore it. It has to be sent to the factory. My recommendation is not to try too anything out of the line with maps, that do not fit your bike.
How about going onto the TuneECU.boards.net or Facebook site and ask Alain?

OK, I asked Tom Tomtom (formerly Tom Hamburg) on the TuneECU Facebook site about the maps issue. This is his reply.

“The retailers receive the following maps from the manufacturer. Not all maps are in our databases.

Rocket 3 GT
31012 Standard exhaust. All markets unless a market specific calibration exists. Fuel up to E25. Minimum 95 RON (89 RON/MON) fuel.

31013 Standard exhaust. North America and Canada markets. Fuel up to E25. Minimum 91 RON (87RON/MON) fuel.

31015 Standard exhaust. Thailand market. Fuel up to E25. Minimum 91 RON (87 RON/MON) fuel.

31016 Standard exhaust. Chinese market. Fuel up to E25. Minimum 91 RON (87 RON/MON) fuel.

31017 Standard exhaust. Argentina, Indonesia and South Africa markets. Fuel up to E25. Minimum 95 RON (89 RON/MON) fuel.

Rocket 3 R
31018 Standard exhaust. All markets unless a market specific calibration exists. Fuel up to E25. Minimum 95 RON (89 RON/MON) fuel.

31019 Standard exhaust. North America and Canada markets. Fuel up to E25. Minimum 91 RON (87RON/MON) fuel.

31020 Standard exhaust. Brazilian market. Fuel up to E25. Minimum 95 RON (89 RON/MON) fuel.

31021 Standard exhaust. Thailand market. Fuel up to E25. Minimum 91 RON (87 RON/MON) fuel.

31022 Standard exhaust. Chinese market. Fuel up to E25. Minimum 95 RON (89 RON/MON) fuel.

31023 Standard exhaust. Argentina, Indonesia and South Africa markets. Fuel up to E25. Minimum 95 RON (89 RON/MON) fuel.

Rocket 3 TFC
31024 Standard exhaust. All markets unless a market specific calibration exists. Fuel up to E25. Minimum 95 RON (89 RON/MON) fuel.

31025 Standard exhaust. North America and Canada markets. Fuel up to E25. Minimum 91 RON (87RON/MON) fuel.

31027 Standard exhaust. Thailand market. Fuel up to E25. Minimum 91 RON (87 RON/MON) fuel.

31029 Standard exhaust. Argentina, Indonesia and South Africa markets. Fuel up to E25. Minimum 91 RON (87 RON/MON) fuel.

From this selection you can see that no special card is intended for the Belgian market. So this is how the card can
"All markets unless a market specific calibration exists" can be used.”

Back