Normen

.020 Over
Ride
Rocket 3 GT
I can only post 10 pictures in 1 thread - for the building i will start another thread

Some Infos:
  • custom luggage rack out of 8mm aluminium, pulver coated
  • Pelicase im2200 (only one next to the 1450 which grips a wide enough)
  • Electronic lock - opens only with ignition (no more fumble on combination locks with gloves)
  • 12V-Socket with voltage-display (within usb-power-supply)
  • Lighting in the case
Fits on the original Triumph-arms of their luggage rack.

20220128_170203.jpg
20220125_165722.jpg

20220128_165204.jpg

20220125_165815.jpg

20220125_165828.jpg

20220128_170014.jpg

20220128_165306.jpg

20220128_165250.jpg

20220128_165947.jpg

20220128_165242.jpg

The fact that you've integrated the locking/lighting with the bike is outstanding - these are better features than any OEM or aftermarket options.
I'll be looking forward to reading the build thread.

Last edited:
The fact that you've integrated the locking/lighting with the bike is outstanding - this are better features than any OEM or aftermarket options.
I'll be looking forward to reading the build thread.
I had a Coocase on my rocket that had integrated remote locking and tail/brake lights and also an alarm and find my case feature.
I took it off as my my own personal taste determined that I didn't like the look of it.

I have to say, this is a really elegant solution and will probably offer protection from rear wheel spray.

And it now adds the new Rocket into the KLR world where Pelican cases (and their look alikes) are the second choice after a milk crate. :banghead:

I mounted some pelican knockouts on my BMW, as good as the pelicans but at a fraction of the price. Total cost for the entire job was around $120.00 vs $1800.00 for oem set up
apache cases.jpg
:cool:

Here some if you want to buildit yourself.
Racket
I drew it with corel draw and exported it to dxf.
laserteileonline.de produced it including threads, sinks and pulver coating for 140€
Its made of 8mm aluminium and fits on the original triumph-arms of their luggage rack.
halterung.jpg

If you are interested, i can send the needed files.

Holder
I bought thes frome amazon - they fit the a.m. rack - can be mounted on both sides - the hooks can be turned 180 degrees - so they can be used even when there are mounted on the lower side (helpful for the back ones - with the pelicase mounted they will not fit on the upper side).
They have a little ring which i rasp away for optical reasons. So they lay plain on the racket.
20211111_172024.jpg

Case
I use the pelicase im2200 - the closures are far away enoough that the sissybar fits in between. Otherwise the case would have to be mounted with the closures to the back - then the case would be another 3-5cm backward (for opening).
The pelicase 1450 should fit also...
I removed the grip and rasp the outline of the sissybar in the middle to get it ahead as much as possible
20211015_175510.jpg

I used these dampers for connecting the case to the racket:
daempfer.jpg
KEDO - Gummidämpfer-Buchsen-Set (M6), 1 Stück (Bohrung d=13mm/Materialstärke t=2.5mm)
Lock
I use this 12V lock from ebay. They are available with/without feedback signal. When you want to build the lighting: you should use the one with the feedback signal (2. connector). Funny with my lock: the black cable goes to + / the red one to ground...
I mounted the lock on a thin plate (4mm) - if you use a thicker one, you will get into trouble with the counterpart in the lid.
The electronic is mounted within the 12V-Socket.
When you are not firm with soldering: you do not need any electronic besides a push button.
The lock should get 12V for a maximum of 3 seconds - if you dont push the button longer: everything is fine.
The electronic i used cuts the 12V after 2 seconds.
schloss.jpg

12V-socket
There are several housing available - i used where i can insert a little schematic for the lighting and the lock.
Locks complicated: but the electronic is not really needed - for the lock a push button is enough.
For the conncectors i use amp superseal.
20211120_192732.jpg

Schematic for the lighting
I only have this note - if you have questions: ask
The switch in this drawing is within the lock (the second connector of it). At the left side is a rc-combination (150kOhm/10uF/2.2kOhm) which opens the the transistor (BC517) which can handle up to 500mA. So at the emitter of the Transistor can be several leds connected (the resistor in front of the leds depends on the leds - the maximum volatage over the resistor+led is about 12V).
20211215_102316.jpg

Schematic for the lock
Again: this is not really needed - the only thing it is used for: the lock can only handle 12V for about 3 seconds - if you push the button only for a short time, everything is fine. This schematic only cuts of the 12V after 2 seconds.
The switch in this schematic is the one you see under the closure of the pictures
20211215_102225.jpg

Power supply:
I connected a cable+fuse under the seat and put in the border of the seat + 2 amp superseal on both ends, that the seat can be taken away.
20220128_164918.jpg

Connection:
I connected the ground directly to the battery and the 12v from the green cable under the seat:
There are 2 green cables - one of them comes from the accessory-relay.
Be sure to use the correct one - i think the other one is for abs

to choose the right one check the following:

1. Turn your rocket off -> check: cable should not have any voltage
2. Turn ignition on -> check: cable should have 12-14V
3. Turn ignition on + take out the accessory fuse -> check: cable should not have any voltage
4. Turn ignition+engine on, connect a mobile phone to the usb under the seat and check that its loading
5. Turn ignition+engine on while loading mobile phone -> cut the green cable -> check: mobile doesn't load anymore

For 1-4: you can pierce a needle in the cable - no need to cut it
Maybe a little bit paranoic - but i want to get sure
20220128_151626.jpg

Back