It's so disappointing when that sort of thing happens. I ordered some rear crash bars for my Heritage soft tail from China and I had to file out the holes to get them to fit also the powder coating was not good. I am going to wait until the powder coating starts to fail and then have it redone or even paint them myself with a rattle can of smooth hammerite.

If I were you and you get no joy from the manufacturer, I would take them to an engineering shop and have them bent to fit and repaint if necessary. It will still be a relatively cheap solution to protecting the bike from a static drop.
Hi There I did as you suggested and had a great result They now fit just fine

That's good. Nice to have such an excellent dealer.
Did you get any refund for the defective product?
No, i tried but it had been more than 15 Days from arrival to installation as Xmas got in the way and the Triumph Dealer was fully booked so I owned the problem as 15 days is the shut-off point for dispute or refund but the Seller did all he good to help me They look great and the engineer who made them fit said they were well made

Hello again fellow rocketeers! Does anyone has any knowledge about options to protect the bike in the event of a tip over or a drop?

God forbid that one of Us have to endure such a predicament, but even Valentino Rossi had to be prepared for the worst case scenario...

I've been searching unsuccessfully on the web for aftermarket solutions that may work on the R3 2020, but having mid-controls on my GT as in the R, I was thinking that maybe something bolted to the pegs' original front holes (where the covers are) may give some clearance for the delicate areas on the side if the machine succumbs to gravity... just guessing...

Any ideas/comments/suggestions?
I dropped my 2023 R3 GT after owning it just 5 days. I still had the forward pegs and controls. I was making a turn on the side of an incline and stalled at low speed and lost it. I only damaged the left Hand Mirror ($245.00to replace it). I had to wait for someone to help me lift the bike. I won't make that mistake again.

No, i tried but it had been more than 15 Days from arrival to installation as Xmas got in the way and the Triumph Dealer was fully booked so I owned the problem as 15 days is the shut-off point for dispute or refund but the Seller did all he good to help me They look great and the engineer who made them fit said they were well made
Do you think that the seller will be able to supply crash guards with the correct dimensions hereafter?
Or what requirements or information should you inform the seller if we want to buy correctly made crash bars?

The engineer said they are formed using a jig and not forged in a press so measurements at each bend can increase if not careful the measurements on the website show the crash bars are correct but my bars were out by 12mm longer in length so he put them in a hydraulic press vertically and made them close up to the size i needed He said if you got 20 pairs from the jig some would be different measurements it is the way they are made. The seller was very helpful and I would ask that the bars you are buying must match the measurements shown on their website emails he has had from me I believe they will double-check in the future Will try to get photos up for you The bars are easy to fit You don't have to remove airbox They give you a little spanner to put a 17mm / 10mm drive socket on to help get the nut off on the airbox side The Right-Hand side is a Torx 50

IMG_0078.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_0077.jpg
    IMG_0077.jpg
    192.6 KB · Views: 26
The engineer said they are formed using a jig and not forged in a press so measurements at each bend can increase if not careful the measurements on the website show the crash bars are correct but my bars were out by 12mm longer in length so he put them in a hydraulic press vertically and made them close up to the size i needed He said if you got 20 pairs from the jig some would be different measurements it is the way they are made. The seller was very helpful and I would ask that the bars you are buying must match the measurements shown on their website emails he has had from me I believe they will double-check in the future Will try to get photos up for you The bars are easy to fit You don't have to remove airbox They give you a little spanner to put a 17mm / 10mm drive socket on to help get the nut off on the airbox side The Right-Hand side is a Torx 50
I see, it's not that the seller didn't know the correct dimensions, it's that they knew but didn't make them accurately.
The important thing is to have the seller make the dimensions exactly as shown on the website and to have them check them before shipping, isn't it?

Back