Corbin Seat Question

JRock

Turbocharged
Ride
2008 Rocket III Standard
For those that have the Corbin Solo seat for a Standard Rocket:

I've read in old postings that the Corbin seat does not use the convenient quick-release mechanism with the ignition key as the stock seat, but bolts to the bike. :roll:
Is this true?

I also recall someone retrofitting the stock parts to the Corbin so it releases with the key.

Can anyone confirm this?

Thanks

Yes, you can use the pin off your stock Triumph seat and install it on the Corbin. Corbin mounting system is crap. Did mine about 2 weeks ago, never mounted it with the Corbin stuff. Just drill out the brads that hold the pin on the stock seat, then just put the pin in the latch on the bike ( you'll see it only fits one way). Now you are looking at the top of the pin that will connect to your seat. I broke off the top of a Q tip and put them in the mounting holes of the pin. Then I put fingernail polish on the Qtip ends to mark where to drill on the seat. Put the Corbin seat on the bike and sit on it. Then take the seat off and you'll see that the fingernail polish has marked the bottom of the seat to drill your holes. Be sure and take the mounting hardware off the Corbin seat before you do this.(just two chrome brackets) Mount the pin to the Corbin and your done.

If its the Fastgun seat you are looking at it fits the same as the stock seat with the key, the Dualtour has a bracket that can be modified to use the key.

Sorry, didn't know the single seats mounted that way, thought they all mounted with the same brackets. Mine is the duel tour.

Don't waste your money.

Find someone near you that makes custom seats tailored to your ass.

I have a solo fast gun corbin that does have the latch pin from the factory. I have assumed that only the larger seats do not have the latch pins.

I also have a dual tourer that I have added my own latch pin to. Works fine.

Back