Gateway77

.020 Over
Ride
Rocket 3GT, GSA 1250
Hi All - looking for some feedback on anyone who has the Corbin dual tour seat installed so a few thoughts to the collective.

1. Never ridden a bike with a rider back rest - I feel as though this might be good for comfort on longer runs / touring?
2. The larger Pillion sissy bar will clearly offer more support - is it easy to pop on and off in a few minutes when there's no pillion?
3. The multitude of fabric finishes are overwhelming - would probably go for the simple Natural Black, is this a sound choice?
4. Is the seat one piece or two parts as the original?
Any other comments on this matter welcome and apologies if this has already been covered in the forum.
Thanks 👍

Hi All - looking for some feedback on anyone who has the Corbin dual tour seat installed so a few thoughts to the collective.

1. Never ridden a bike with a rider back rest - I feel as though this might be good for comfort on longer runs / touring?
2. The larger Pillion sissy bar will clearly offer more support - is it easy to pop on and off in a few minutes when there's no pillion?
3. The multitude of fabric finishes are overwhelming - would probably go for the simple Natural Black, is this a sound choice?
4. Is the seat one piece or two parts as the original?
Any other comments on this matter welcome and apologies if this has already been covered in the forum.
Thanks 👍
1. I had the corbin rider back rest in al old cruiser before, it was great for longer rides. I have not ordered that for my current corbin dual tourer, may do it later.
4. the seat is one piece.
2. so no pillion sissy bar. the back rest is bolted in your sissy bar, so no that quick and easy to remove
3. I went with the colors in their demo which match the bike perfectly, which is the SEAT black carbon fiber, SIDES trexx gear, TRIM smoke bomber jacket, WELT red bomber jacket, STITCHING black, LOGO light silver.

1644955038839.png

Hey Pica, how do you like your Corbin so far. About to pull the trigger on one myself. Looks great
Also, what is the color called where the word Corbin is? Is it silver CF?

Last edited:
Hey Pica, how do you like your Corbin so far. About to pull the trigger on one myself. Looks great
Also, what is the color called where the word Corbin is? Is it silver CF?
Hi,
I dont have the information on the seat right now with me, but it was all the default suggestion by corbin in their launching video.
I really like it, it is way better than the original one regarding position and support for the back. I am 6'1".
I can make long days riding with no problem, I dont think i have broken in it yet, still firm, and I still have not order the rider back rest, I think I will need to get another inch of pullback in the handlebar to enjoy the rider backrest... but still may get it just because. no regrets. and better sooner than later.

I just my Corbin seat after ordering in back Feb. Production was quite quick but it spent a month in UK customs for some reason.
I haven't ridden on it yet so can't comment on comfort.
After unpacking and fitting I'm a bit disappointed with the quality. Some stitching is misaligned and it doesn't look like the premium product I was expecting.
The finish underneath looks a bit scrappy and this is visible from behind when looking at the rear of the bike.
In the past I've had Sargent seats on my GS's and this is no way the same quality.
I think the stock seat is much better finished than this.
I may grow to love it but on first appearance I certainly couldn't recommend to a friend.

Just a quick shot to show what I mean - the pillion seat pad welts don't line up with the back rest.
To some this might be a small detail but to me that's unacceptable on product at this price.

Attachments

• IMG_7429.JPG
    IMG_7429.JPG
    256.2 KB · Views: 43
I just got mine yesterday for the 3R with the rider backrest and installed it but haven't ridden it yet. Feels good in the driveway but a bit firmer than I expected as others have mentioned. The stock seat feels like it has a ridge on the front sides where my legs come off the seat that hurts after a while. The Corbin seat is much more rounded off in that area so that's good. The backrest feels great while just sitting in it but my hands are from the bars at that point so I'm not sure how it will help while riding except with one hand perhaps. Even the GT bars wouldn't be close enough I suspect. The instructions (for multiple seat types) show some of their backrests adjust forward but this one doesn't as far as I can tell, that's too bad as I'd move it forward if I could.

Attachments

• 7835FBDC-2DC7-4B7F-B1A8-C23F84C44DD8_1_201_a.jpeg
    7835FBDC-2DC7-4B7F-B1A8-C23F84C44DD8_1_201_a.jpeg
    168.9 KB · Views: 80
I also should mention that my girlfriend can't sit on the back with the driver backrest installed (too cramped) so I'll have to remove it if she rides with me for some reason (she has her own bike normally). Also I ordered a custom seat on their website but then got an email from them saying it would take 4 or 5 weeks to make so I called them up and just grabbed this all black one they had in stock as I don't have the patience to wait that long. :)

I also should mention that my girlfriend can't sit on the back with the driver backrest installed (too cramped) so I'll have to remove it if she rides with me for some reason (she has her own bike normally). Also I ordered a custom seat on their website but then got an email from them saying it would take 4 or 5 weeks to make so I called them up and just grabbed this all black one they had in stock as I don't have the patience to wait that long. :)
Could you post up a pic or two of the bottom of the seat? I'm wondering how they support the backrest if it is all plastic like the stock seat.

Could you post up a pic or two of the bottom of the seat? I'm wondering how they support the backrest if it is all plastic like the stock seat.
Here you go. It's some kind of tough plastic backing and has the indent you see just above the latching pin. The screw head you see there goes through the stem for the seat to keep it from sliding back out. Also the stem slides in a good 4 inches or so into the seat to provide stability and strength.

Attachments

• B54519E1-39E4-494A-A7BB-A3D2BB4E5FA7_1_201_a.jpeg
    B54519E1-39E4-494A-A7BB-A3D2BB4E5FA7_1_201_a.jpeg
    170.9 KB · Views: 62
Back