For Sale Corbin Classic Solo seats with backrest options

Man, you can almost go sailing with that shield arrangement. Probably very good in the rain, snow, sleet....
Still sits perfectly stable loaded up to the gunwales at 190+ kmh though!:cool:

I do not leave it on usually, unless touring or lazy! ;):D

Yeah I have 2 'Solo Classics' left still:
The plain black leather one Au$450; and
the plain brown leather Au$550.

All of my Corbin backrests (Corbin and aftermarket to fit) are still available and vary in price.

Recently bought this from Peter @Ishrub. Have done a few rides on it and so thought i would let you all know what i think.
c2.JPG

First off, the seat drops straight into the bike like it was made for it!..a small adjustment out on the attaching bolt underneath...it just screws back easily with a crescent spanner.
When i sat on the seat it was firm under my bum and upper legs but when you get the feet up you just feel real comfortable.
The sitting position is slightly forward and down from the standard factory seat and my knees are a tad higher, not in a bad way tho.
No sore bum so far and i am happy i made the purchase.
Peter is great to deal with and the seat came packaged and wrapped in bubble wrap in a secure cardboard box.
Thanx Peter.

Glad your happy. I still think that old seat stitching pattern is the best I have seen. Corbin do not do it that way anymore :(

Yeah I have 2 'Solo Classics' left still:
The plain black leather one Au$450; and
the plain brown leather Au$550.

All of my Corbin backrests (Corbin and aftermarket to fit) are still available and vary in price.
Is the brown seat the seat thats in the photos at the start of the post? With scuffs for $500 or is t ght at a different one?

Yep as per Post #1 and the photos there:

The Brown Leather Classic Solo Plain is Au$550 - I have just unwrapped the brown Corbin and the previous owner did not photo all the scuffs:(.

I have now taken and posted photos of scuffs in post #25.
New price Au$500.

I had a look for the photos in post #25 but they are no longer visible to me so I will try and post again here. The rough cut edges, rivets and pleats in the leather are all Corbin factory! ;):D:eek:

As you can see in Post #1 NONE of the scuffs affect use or are visible when fitted to a bike.

I think the previous owner was a 'forcer' rather than a 'thinker' and the scuffs are from trying to force the seat on when it was obviously not aligned or with the front tab incorrectly located above rather than in the tank bracket stirrup.

As confirmed recently by @Tal the seats have a spigot locating pin that locks into the stock mounting latch. This can be adjusted to engage correctly on each bike by screwing it in or out with a crescent wrench. There are a couple of flats on the base of the spigot to use the wrench. There is also a few mm of lateral adjustment available on the bike frame latch.

P1050535.JPG
P1050536.JPG
P1050537.JPG
P1050539.JPG

Last edited:
Yep as per Post #1 and the photos there:

The Brown Leather Classic Solo Plain is Au$550 - I have just unwrapped the brown Corbin and the previous owner did not photo all the scuffs:(.

I have now taken and posted photos of scuffs in post #25.
New price Au$500.

I had a look for the photos in post #25 but they are no longer visible to me so I will try and post again here. The rough cut edges, rivets and pleats in the leather are all Corbin factory! ;):D:eek:

As you can see in Post #1 NONE of the scuffs affect use or are visible when fitted to a bike.

P1050535.JPG
P1050536.JPG
P1050537.JPG
P1050539.JPG
Thanks heaps ishrub hopefully have some money spare after i pay this speeding fine

Thanks heaps ishrub hopefully have some money spare after i pay this speeding fine
;):(:eek::D:D.

I edited and added some info to my reply above after you posted back too! @Shaun .

Know the feeling think I just got done too by a camera van doing just under 60kmh in an unmarked 50 kmh zone side street on a sunny late Sunday afternoon. Bastards.;):D

Back