Cooling fan on constantly

1. Remove relay. Fan will turn off.
2. Swap one of the other relays into it's spot. If fan stays off then the relay is the problem.
3. Go to your local auto parts store and buy a new relay.
4. Install new relay.
5. Ride.

one thing comes to mind
there has been a few that has had the rubber retaining strap(securing the relays) break then the relays hang upside down and then fill with water causing shorts and rust problems.:)

Hello, I had the following issue with fan. While idling after 30-40 minutes on highway - fan won't stop. I wait for 15 minutes and it runs. Then just stoped the engine. Checked 2 times. While riding in traffic - 20-40 km/h - fan switch on / off more or less as usual. Coolant level is ok. Outside temp is 21C (70F) so I'm a bit worried.... And.. have no any idea what is the reason.

Hello, I had the following issue with fan. While idling after 30-40 minutes on highway - fan won't stop. I wait for 15 minutes and it runs. Then just stoped the engine. Checked 2 times. While riding in traffic - 20-40 km/h - fan switch on / off more or less as usual. Coolant level is ok. Outside temp is 21C (70F) so I'm a bit worried.... And.. have no any idea what is the reason.

I'm no expert, but could be a stuck contact in the relay.

Relay could still be acting up, but you said it appears to be working while riding and coolant level is fine, so why is it worrying you?

Standard headlight or horn relay should do. Probably 4 wire.

Here is a section of the cooling fan circuit. It gets direct power from the battery through fuse #7 bypassing any switch. If the cooling fan relay contacts are fused, then the cooling fan gets constant current with no way to turn off other than removing the relay, fuse or battery.

upload_2019-9-26_7-33-0.png
Hi all on this chain. Can anyone tell me at what temperature the cooling fan kicks up and spins? I want to check if my fan starts at all as of late my legs are burning a little bit to much and I don't remember that happening before, not as much as presently. Yes the weather here in Scotland has got hotter of late, but? How do I check the fan operation? Easy now, any responders to this, address me as stupid as I am not that technically minded. In English please. R3... 07 classic. (Can I use the extra heat to barbecue, sling a few steaks over the rad eh? After my thighs are cooked through though, "how do you like your legs cooked sir?"... reply.. "Well done please."

Back