Cooling fan on constantly

Hi all on this chain. Can anyone tell me at what temperature the cooling fan kicks up and spins? I want to check if my fan starts at all as of late my legs are burning a little bit to much and I don't remember that happening before, not as much as presently. Yes the weather here in Scotland has got hotter of late, but? How do I check the fan operation? Easy now, any responders to this, address me as stupid as I am not that technically minded. In English please. R3... 07 classic. (Can I use the extra heat to barbecue, sling a few steaks over the rad eh? After my thighs are cooked through though, "how do you like your legs cooked sir?"... reply.. "Well done please."
In tune ecu the temperature shows for fan to come on there. 185f is about normal I believe, but you can set it there in tune ecu

i have no idea but it should be more than the thermostat or it would be on the most of the time

Dude thanks very much What ecu plug in reader would you advise to get for Rocket 3?
Lone lec cable, go to tune ecu.net and links are there for cables and wireless deals. If you need help finding tuneecu and the links just reply back. tuneecu app on the app store for android is what alot of people use.

In tune ecu the temperature shows for fan to come on there. 185f is about normal I believe, but you can set it there in tune ecu
Hi again all. i Have checked radiator fan due to engine putting out massive heat, it seems to be coming on and working fine. Now I think I should check if water pump is working okay, not sure if it is and want to check it out, does it spin properly etc etc. Any tips for checking out if water pump is working properly. I have to get to the bottom of why my bike is spewing out so much heat. Have changed the coolant and flushed it, but still running too hot. But not hot enough to trip warning light coming on, but hot enough to burn my leg. Help!

A soccer shin guard will help with burns on leg, if the water pump went out youd know for sure, and if fan is coming on it may be nothing wrong with bike they are a car engine

A soccer shin guard will help with burns on leg, if the water pump went out youd know for sure, and if fan is coming on it may be nothing wrong with bike they are a car engine
Thermostat? I guess that tells the fan when to come on and off, but fan is working as it should so does that mean thermo is working okay. I am grasping at straws to stop why its heating up so much.

I've seen this problem on a mate's bike. Was in and out of Edinburgh dealer tryin to fix the problem ,turned out all it needed was a new radiator cap.

Thermostat? I guess that tells the fan when to come on and off, but fan is working as it should so does that mean thermo is working okay. I am grasping at straws to stop why its heating up so much.

what would worry me is does it have air in the motor and i would want to bleed it
i don't think u will be happy till u buy a thermo gun where u can tell what temp is on everything.
the thermostat when doing its job for example if it is a 195 degree it opens and closes to try to maintain 195 degrees.
the fans job is to cool down the radiator if it gets over a certain degrees (temperature sensor) for example in the ecu it will have a temperature setting (can b changed)
we will guess at 215 degrees when the temp gets there or higher the ecu will turn fan on and when the motor cools down to the ecu selected temp the ecu will shut down the fan.
if it has air in the motor it will never cool like it is suppose to that is why it has an air bleed screw.
hth

Back