Boony

Turbocharged
Ride
2010 Rocket 3 Roadster. Black and shiny.
I had a look and couldn't find this covered before.
My bike is leaking radiator fluid from the connector behind the lower left radiator hose.
I have disconnected the hose.

upload_2019-6-23_16-18-20.png

I tried gently twisting the elbow. It is either very tight or is pressed into the engine.
Can it be removed and repaired or replaced?
If not, any ideas to stop it leaking?
Thanks for any help.

You're right about never hearing about this one before. Are you sure it isn't the hose connection right above it. Mine was leaking this spring. Had to snug up the clamp and all was good.

You're right about never hearing about this one before. Are you sure it isn't the hose connection right above it. Mine was leaking this spring. Had to snug up the clamp and all was good.
That's what I thought it was. Definitely not from either hose. I can see it seeping from the point of the arrow in the picture. The elbow joint does not move at all. Thanks for the suggestion though.

Well that's a bugger. The fitting appears to be replaceable. Found it on Bike Bandit's website. Looks like it is number 6 and is called a spigot.... Take a look. Looks like a press fit.

upload_2019-6-23_7-12-23.png

upload_2019-6-23_7-13-14.png

Thanks for that. I will order it before I remove the old one. Looking at it might help me work out how to remove the old one.

Back