Considering a Rocket vs an Indian

Thanks for the input. Your perspective is valuable because you actually own an Indian and have owned Rockets. The Indian I'm considering is actually the chief Darkhorse not the chieftain but close enough. Tomorrow I'm going to test ride or used rocket at a dealership and I'll Paso. One of my best friends here in town on the Springfield my friend that a few times.

They released for 2017 a Dark horse version of the Chieftain, if you get a chance check that one out as well,

They released for 2017 a Dark horse version of the Chieftain, if you get a chance check that one out as well,

I've seen it. Beautiful bike. I did test ride a regular chieftain. Really nice touring bike however I was not totally enamored with that big heavy mounted faring. Great on the highway but kind of steering heavy aound town at low speeds. I Love the electric windshield.

I'm going to be test riding a few bikes tomorrow I'll let you guys know what I think.

Just came back from the Indian dealership, my daughter is purchasing the scout. I love them from the look to the sound, that said the only way I could have one is as a second ride. I don't think I'll ever part with my Rocket. I may upgrade or exchange it for the touring edition, just can't give up the beast!

I've seen it. Beautiful bike. I did test ride a regular chieftain. Really nice touring bike however I was not totally enamored with that big heavy mounted faring. Great on the highway but kind of steering heavy aound town at low speeds. I Love the electric windshield.

I'm going to be test riding a few bikes tomorrow I'll let you guys know what I think.
YE
Just came back from the Indian dealership, my daughter is purchasing the scout. I love them from the look to the sound, that said the only way I could have one is as a second ride. I don't think I'll ever part with my Rocket. I may upgrade or exchange it for the touring edition, just can't give up the beast!
WELL the Indians are big slow bikes that make about 70 HP or less power than the Harley and you can buy 2 Rockets for the price of the big Indian Roadmaster so that said the Indian connot compare to the Rocket in fact the Harley is actually faster The Rocket makes almost double the HP so that puts it in a different class performance wise .

It is quite possible that at least a couple of members may want to inherit that avatar :whitstling:

ART.jpg

Now this here is ART! :rolleyes:
Are you paying attention??? :eek: :roll: :p

My father-in-law bought a Rocket 3 and my Mother-in-law bought an Indian Classic. Both very nice bikes and suitability is relevant to the person. However, I think my first sentence kind of resolves your dilema! (drops mic...and exit's stage left) :laugh: :p

Back