Considering a Rocket vs an Indian

If it helps you make up your mind your not going to find a better group of guys and gal's that are on this forum

The guys over on the Indian forum are mean to me :([/QUOTE]

is that what you say about us on the indian forum?

If you enjoy power then get the rocket. I agree with @RKTNMYPKT that the Indian is a better touring bike. When I test rode the chieftain it got up to speed in a hurry compared to the 2011 Harley Road Glide I was riding at the time. I love the electronic wind shield on the Chieftain. I miss the lower fairing I had on the road glide. I have plans to make something for lower leg protection on the rocket. I keep talking about touring but I don't think that is what you were asking about. For what you want I think the Triumph will fit the bill nicely.

The only reason I no longer own a Rocket is because after eight years I was ready to try something new and I loved the looks of the Indian , and I could not afford to have both.
So Jimmy what your saying is the numerous pics of your R3R on the back of the flat-tray over a period of 12 months had no influence whatsoever on your changing brand ?.........................

So Jimmy what your saying is the numerous pics of your R3R on the back of the flat-tray over a period of 12 months had no influence whatsoever on your changing brand ?.........................

It was frustrating, but it seemed like everything had gotten worked out,

And in fact the last two times it was on the truck was a direct result of the dealer miss adjusting the brakes.

It was frustrating, but it seemed like everything had gotten worked out,

And in fact the last two times it was on the truck was a direct result of the dealer miss adjusting the brakes.
Haha funny you should say that mate, a few bikes and many cars ive owned over the years always seem to be sold by me after I get them up and running , I still havnt worked out why I do that.........

They are both nice bikes..I'd fill a barn full of them one for each day of the week if i had the time and cash. I almost bought an Indian during their revival period but couldn't see dropping $35K for one. The eleven years I've owned the Rocket has been the most enjoyable ride i ever owned. I've taken a bath a few times on tires and maintenance but a small inconvenience considering the joy it will bring you. Welcome..!

Jamie, I believe that just as soon as you've taken both for test rides, you'll answer your own question. I've been riding for nearly 52 years, have owned about 16 motorcycles and ridden hundreds of others. The R3 is hands-down the most satisfying, fun and quality built of 'em all.

As RKTNMYPKT has already mentioned, even though they are fundamentally different machines in most every way and despite the fact that Indians are better equipped out-the-door for touring, I cannot see the added value in the Indian reflected in its inflated price. For $2-5K (or more if you choose)you can deck out an R3R with all the touring bells and whistles anyone could need and the result will be a better built, better performing, more comfortable and considerably less homogeneous (read, "boring") steed.

Why would you possibly opt to own a more expensive, inferior and far more common ride when you can have your very own belle of the ball?:confused: No offense to any Indian aficianados, but this comparison does not compute for me.

Back