Confusion about Rivco risers on a 2013 Roadster

That's exactly what I did with my '05 Rocket, but finding the Classic bars and cables since they stopped making the Classic in '07 is a little tougher :-(

Hi All
Just fitted Rivco risers to a 2014 Roadster, found it easiest to remove the front forks top yoke, reposition the cables & brake pipe, refit top yoke, fit risers.
No need for brake bleed, throttle cables are fine if carefully routed, clutch cable is long enough to go either side of the yoke
Cheers
Richard
how hard is it to remove the yoke ? Im sacred if i undo the wrong thing then bit will go springing everywhere lol

how hard is it to remove the yoke ? Im sacred if i undo the wrong thing then bit will go springing everywhere lol
Put a blanket or similar over the tank, loosen the yoke clamps, undo yoke nut, remove yoke & bars together & lay on tank, feed cables & brake line through gap, refit yoke & bars (make sure you locate the bracket lugs in their holes), remove instruments, remove bar clamp, fit risers, refit instruments, finally check routing & adjust as necessary, off you go!

Wrecka lots of blokes have fitted Rivco risers .. can't remember anyone else removing the top triple tree (yoke) .. I honestly can't see the point of doing it .. perhaps the Roadsters are somehow different to the Standards , but I don't think so.

Wrecka lots of blokes have fitted Rivco risers .. can't remember anyone else removing the top triple tree (yoke) .. I honestly can't see the point of doing it .. perhaps the Roadsters are somehow different to the Standards , but I don't think so.
Because it's simple, quick, no brake bleeding required (ABS can be tricky), minimal adjustment of control cables

So will the brake line not fit without re-routing it to the other side of triple tree ( yoke) .. aware that the ABS can be tricky. Not sure exactly what you mean by "minimal adjustment of control cables " know on the earlier models the longer Classic clutch cable made life easier. Throttle cables weren't an issue from memory .. been a while since I did mine.

Clutch cable is long enough, throttle cables are at their limit on right full lock (after repositioning), brake cable would have o be disconnected & re-routed if top yoke is not removed, I mention adjustment because they (the throttle cables) should be checked after the job is complete (mine didn't need adjusting)

Clutch cable is long enough, throttle cables are at their limit on right full lock (after repositioning), brake cable would have o be disconnected & re-routed if top yoke is not removed, I mention adjustment because they (the throttle cables) should be checked after the job is complete (mine didn't need adjusting)
Fitted mine on the weekend , tried the Yoke removal first, didnt have a clue how to get that off so went the other option. Seemed to go smoothly excepting i have never removed a clutch cable before and undid it from the bottom as well. Had to remove the brakeline ( Roadster ) was care ful and kept both the line and the reservoir in port facing up , once i put it all back together i left the fitting slightly cracked and gave it a few pumps once tightened up the brakes worked like before no need to bleed . Gotta say i love the rivco risers though , the ride to work was so much more enjoyable and no muscle spasams across my back , not 100% sure yet but may drop the bars a couple inches just to hit the sweet spot :)

Back