Confusion about Rivco risers on a 2013 Roadster

LiteFiter

Stock Early 2013 R3R: VIN #555036/Upstate NY
Ride
2013 Roadster: "65" Triumph T120 Custom Chop: "79" Yamaha XS 1100
I was about ready to purchase Rivco risers for my 2013 Roadster, when I made a last minute query to Rivco about the part number. The answer from their "Main Tech. Guy" was that the risers were for the Touring, Classic, and Standard only, NOT for the Roadster. So, having had no experience with this bike up until my purchase 2 weeks ago, I have no basis to know if this is their way of relieving Rivco of any responsibility for selling a part not specifically designed for the Roadster model, or if there is a design issue with the 2013 year group that would preclude the riser installation on these specific bikes. I ask this since I have seen other posts dating back to 2011 about individuals putting the risers on Roadsters of that year group and later into 2012. If anybody could clear up this for me I would certainly appreciate it. Thanks, Jon

There should not be any difference. Most of the changes are cosmetic.

If, for some odd reason they do not fit you can sell them here and get your money back.

i took the rivco risers ( 2" up 1" back) off my '09 classic and put them straight on my roadster when i bought it, i had the t-bars fitted at the time and the fitment was exactly the same.
i sold the roadster and my mate on an '07 standard bought them, we fitted them and again it was exactly the same.
unless they have changed the design of the risers then i wouldnt worry.

I was about ready to purchase Rivco risers for my 2013 Roadster, when I made a last minute query to Rivco about the part number. The answer from their "Main Tech. Guy" was that the risers were for the Touring, Classic, and Standard only, NOT for the Roadster. So, having had no experience with this bike up until my purchase 2 weeks ago, I have no basis to know if this is their way of relieving Rivco of any responsibility for selling a part not specifically designed for the Roadster model, or if there is a design issue with the 2013 year group that would preclude the riser installation on these specific bikes. I ask this since I have seen other posts dating back to 2011 about individuals putting the risers on Roadsters of that year group and later into 2012. If anybody could clear up this for me I would certainly appreciate it. Thanks, Jon

Gday fella, welcome to the site and to rocket ownership. The reason you might find the rivco risers are not recommended for the roadster is to do with the tank. when they are fitted you cannot lift the tank without removing the bars or fabricating the tab bracket the bolts your tank down. so short of it being a pain in the arse to access under your tank, it will work. i had them on my roadster until a week or 2 ago.

I believe if you add the 04 and early 05 handle bar mount you will not have a problem fitting the risers. this mount swings the gauges forward when lifting the tank. I got this information from Hanso and ordered them from Andy at NCY sold them to a block in Canada that was going to use them on his Roadster. you can also remove the gauges and lay them forward before lifting the tank if you do not want to spend the money. Touring risers are totally different from standard/Classic risers.

Gday fella, welcome to the site and to rocket ownership. The reason you might find the rivco risers are not recommended for the roadster is to do with the tank. when they are fitted you cannot lift the tank without removing the bars or fabricating the tab bracket the bolts your tank down. so short of it being a pain in the arse to access under your tank, it will work. i had them on my roadster until a week or 2 ago.

If you loosen the 2 nuts that hold the front tank bracket under the front of the tank, you can lift the tank without removing anything other than the gauges.

Just loosen, not remove.

I have the Rivco risers on my '13 Roadster and the only problem is that even with the gauges removed and laid forward the tank will barely clear the bars...takes a little wiggling to get the tank up.

Great!

Thanks to all, it helped to confirm my suspicion. I will be purchasing the risers soon. Have a great weekend riding. Jon

Just installed the risers on my 2012 R3R and WOW - what a difference. You don't have to follow the instructions to the T but you will have to relocated the throttle / break line. I went ahead and done the clutch too - it was a little too tight for me.

Good luck!

I put them on my R111 Roaster and they work just like the others told you but if you want to be able to lift the tank without taking the speedometer off you will need to make a new tank hold down bracket. I did it and have a great drawing of it but I am out town and won't be able to post it until I get next week.
Trapper

Back