Combination lock on OEM Bags

Heres a pic.

Attachments

• 20200525_122655.jpg
    20200525_122655.jpg
    183.6 KB · Views: 58
Both locks on my R failed within 1 month of use. Took them apart but haven't figured out the right spring tension on the wheels to make them work consistently. They unscrew from the bags with two screws and then 1 screw to take them apart. Just be careful so all the little springs and parts don't shoot off everywhere!!!! If you only move one wheel you can use them reliably, it you move two or three wheels you'll never figure out where the proper position is. The wheels are a two piece design with a cut out on the bottom wheel that a lever moves into when they are in open mode. The problem is the two wheels have to turn independantly to be able to set your combo but then turn together at all other times. Then the bottom wheel doesn't move and you're screwed!!

Both locks on my R failed within 1 month of use. Took them apart but haven't figured out the right spring tension on the wheels to make them work consistently. They unscrew from the bags with two screws and then 1 screw to take them apart. Just be careful so all the little springs and parts don't shoot off everywhere!!!! If you only move one wheel you can use them reliably, it you move two or three wheels you'll never figure out where the proper position is. The wheels are a two piece design with a cut out on the bottom wheel that a lever moves into when they are in open mode. The problem is the two wheels have to turn independantly to be able to set your combo but then turn together at all other times. Then the bottom wheel doesn't move and you're screwed!!
Thanks for the indepth analysis!
Sounds like you are becoming ONE with these locks! From others having similar problems, I think I'm going to leave mine on factory setting, 000. Shhh. Don't tell anyone.

Last edited:
Back