Clearview Screen

I cant be certain but I am sure that shipping was not that much when Brian and myself bought ours a couple of years ago

I will try mounting the laminar lip first. Failing that I will follow up with Clearview and Memphis shades. Thanks for your help.

you just reminded me I have a Large Standard,Classic,Roadster screen without the metal bits free to good home plus shipping also a clear Fly Screen which has brackets, I'll put that on my list of For Sale items
Is the large screen bigger than the roadster screen? I presume it uses the original mounting points from the roadster screen. If so, I am interested!

Ditch it - ime it was a HUGE PITA. The benefit was there - but minimal - however unlike the OEM screen which is anti-scratch coated the Lam-Lip soon scratched up on both faces from general road dirt - and it's right where you want good vision. Was either dirty or later scratched up causing sunlight scatter. Made new side brackets and raised the screen a couple of inches.
I should have asked here first. :(:(
The roadster screen is nearly a good screen. Three inches taller and it would have been much better

I will try to get some mounting bolts for the Laminar Lip. The mounting parts for the sports screen should work well. I found the part numbers on line, so I should be able to get them.

I like the idea of the Laminar Lip, but the 3M velcro dots are not strong enough. I even tried the Scotch Strips that hold 4.5Kgs (10 lbs). Even they aren't strong enough.

Sports Screen.jpg

I do not think the OEM screen brackets are sold separately from Triumph just the Fixing set which attaches the brackets to the forks. these fixing kits are used for all OEM Rocket screens except the 2008 on 'Touring' model.

This forum member sells aftermarket ones that fit OEM screens and fork fixing kits.
David Gill davidx90@hotmail.co.uk has a website Rockes Patches Welcome to Rocke's Patches - Rocke's Patches

and an eBay site:

TRIUMPH ROCKET 3 roadster rocket 111 rocket iii fly screen bolt kit in black | eBay

TRIUMPH ROCKET 3 roadster rocket 111 rocket iii fly screen brackets stain

TRIUMPH ROCKET 3 roadster rocket 111 rocket iii fly screen brackets custom | eBay

It looks like a bigger version of the Roadster screen. Do they supply just the screen (just the plastic) or is the metal frame included? It looks good without looking like an obviously after market screen.
I tried the Laminar Lip but I can't get it to stay attached. I think the only way it will work is if it is bolted to the original screen.

The Clearview looks like it will do a better job anyway.

Just the plastic. You need to own the original roadster screen and re-use the hardware.

Back