Clearview Screen

Dawg68

Nitrous
Ride
2014 R3R / 2017 R3T
IMG_2231.JPG
Hi y'all
Installed a Clearview Screen on my Roadster and took it for a good run to see how it faired and thought I'd pass it on.
Specs on my order
Clear, +2" wider, +3" taller, added the re-curve, added the 5 position vent, fog light cutouts.

Figment was perfect, couldn't ask for anything better. After 3 hours of highway riding at speeds between 100km/h to 120km/h here is my take. Great product.
I'm 6' and I get no buffeting. As per norm most of the wind comes from below not over the screen. The re-curve seems to do its job as it pushes the air over my head. The height of the screen is at about chin level so I get a good open sight line.
As for the 5 position vent, I don't feel that it adds anything to the product at this time. When open the air flows through as expected but due to the amount of air that flows from below it kinda negates the vent, you don't feel the difference.
I suppose if you had wings attached below the windscreen the vent would have more of an affect. Right now I have the screen as close to the headlights as possible.
I'm going to play with the adjustment in height and see if it makes any difference in the performance.
All said and done, I'm very pleased with the upgrade, great product and even better customer service.

The other gain from the vent is it increases air pressure behind the screen so air does not rush around the sides to the low pressure area causing buffeting and wind noise.

It looks like a bigger version of the Roadster screen. Do they supply just the screen (just the plastic) or is the metal frame included? It looks good without looking like an obviously after market screen.
I tried the Laminar Lip but I can't get it to stay attached. I think the only way it will work is if it is bolted to the original screen.

The Clearview looks like it will do a better job anyway.

I just read that shipping to Australia is $435 in 2010! I think I will give it a miss.
Does anyone know of a larger replacement screen in Australia?

I just read that shipping to Australia is $435 in 2010! I think I will give it a miss.
Yeah I was lucky to get one 2nd hand on eBay.au for AUD$200 with all the fittings, vent, built in lip and fork clamps.

I have a few stock ones too and have found the cheapest and best mod is the Memphis Shades clamp on lip and side screens I have run at 160-190 kmh with them for a while with no problems.

Lets hope the other mob's freight rates are more realistic.

Clearview Triumph Rocket III Roadster Windshield (5 holes across) × 1
Width:
+2 Inches

Color:
Clear

Vent Options:
5 Position Adjustable Vent

Recurve Options:
Upper Recurve

Height:
23 Inches

Optional Fog Light Cutouts:
Without Optional Fog Light Cutouts

$234.00
Subtotal $234.00
Shipping and Handling FedEx International Economy: $788.41 - JESUS WEPT!!!
Total $1,022.41

I had to make up some brackets to mount them to my existing screen brackets and then relocate my stock front blinkers to the new SS lowers. There is a good 10" of cable each side available to do so and I did not have to cut or re-wire anything. I mounted mine much higher than @1K9 did in Post#1so they are behind and overlap the bottom of the screen. Hence the need to relocate blinkers.

It seems to have worked well but I have not experimented with screen angle heights or angles yet.
Before I cut a vent hole in the screen I will experiment with the gap between bottom of screen and twin headlights and the screen angles. I look over the screen, not through it and prefer that I think.

I have thought about copying the adjustable and open/closing Clearview venting system by finding and using a car dash vent from an auto wreckers, cutting the hole to suit with a Dremel rotary tool.

Yesterday I found the original thread where Rocket Scientist posted the template. The advantage with this version is it is correct scale as a template when printed on A4.

Thanks for all the posts and ideas here.

I got these and am very happy with result.

I have the Roadster screen fitted at the moment (Spring just started here) and fitted some custom stainless steel lowers but also fitted a Memphis Shades lip (Hot Wings) and side screen extensions ( Side Hot Wings) from Cruiser Customizing that fitted perfectly and gave not only location options but also a clever mounting system that provides two positions so you can have the lip high or low and the side extensions narrower or wider.

They also supply two sets of rubber pads to adjust for thin and thick screens (the Triumph Roadster one is the thicker version.

MEM5805 Memphis Shades Hot Wings For Memphis Fats Windshield 1 $79.95 $79.95
Memphis Shades Hot Wings For Memphis Fats Windshield

MEM5806 Memphis Shades Side Hot Wings For Memphis Shades Fats Windshields 1 $99.95 $99.95
Memphis Shades Side Hot Wings For Memphis Shades Fats Windshields

Don't you love retirement and time to fiddle for-ever!

You thought US$250 was dear I was quoted over US$500 on top of any Clearview just for freight to Australia!!

These worked great on my 20" Roadster screen and has adjustability High/Low wide/extra wide mounting height/widths as well as different rubber pads for thick and thin screen plexi. Roadster 5/16" thick, I think yours is the thinner 1/4".

MEM5805 Memphis Shades Hot Wings For Memphis Fats Windshield 1 $79.95 $79.95
Memphis Shades Hot Wings For Memphis Fats Windshield

MEM5806 Memphis Shades Side Hot Wings For Memphis Shades Fats Windshields 1 $99.95 $99.95
Memphis Shades Side Hot Wings For Memphis Shades Fats Windshields

I will try to get some mounting bolts for the Laminar Lip. The mounting parts for the sports screen should work well. I found the part numbers on line, so I should be able to get them.

I like the idea of the Laminar Lip, but the 3M velcro dots are not strong enough. I even tried the Scotch Strips that hold 4.5Kgs (10 lbs). Even they aren't strong enough.

Sports Screen.jpg

I cant be certain but I am sure that shipping was not that much when Brian and myself bought ours a couple of years ago

I tried the Laminar Lip but I can't get it to stay attached.
Ditch it - ime it was a HUGE PITA. The benefit was there - but minimal - however unlike the OEM screen which is anti-scratch coated the Lam-Lip soon scratched up on both faces from general road dirt - and it's right where you want good vision. Was either dirty or later scratched up causing sunlight scatter. Made new side brackets and raised the screen a couple of inches.

you just reminded me I have a Large Standard,Classic,Roadster screen without the metal bits free to good home plus shipping also a clear Fly Screen which has brackets, I'll put that on my list of For Sale items

Back