Circuit breakers for the Rocket ?

Joesmoe

IMOKUR2
Ride
Triumph: 2014 Rocket III Touring
@Gerald Saw your post on Kevin's Furloughed trip, and thought I would start a thread here, asking for your experience with the circuit breakers - what led you to that choice - any pros and cons - and where to get them ?

@Gerald Saw your post on Kevin's Furloughed trip, and thought I would start a thread here, asking for your experience with the circuit breakers - what led you to that choice - any pros and cons - and where to get them ?

I have been using the ETA circuit breakers in racecars for years.... mainly for on/off switching of different circuits but also as a stand alone circuit breaker.

Haven't bought any lately, used them on 20-50 amp circuits. Used them on my cars, also on trucks, cars and heavy equipment before I retired. Never had a problem with them, purchased them at good automotive and truck supply houses. Might be able to purchase from NAPA. Back then a friend owned a good size parts house, so bought mostly from him unless using dealer parts.

Please help me visualize this.

From your description, these are not cute little devices in the form factor of the Rocket's present mini fuses, with a cute little reset button on top.

Might you share how you wired these into your bike's electrical system ?

Please help me visualize this.

From your description, these are not cute little devices in the form factor of the Rocket's present mini fuses, with a cute little reset button on top.

Might you share how you wired these into your bike's electrical system ?
These don't have a reset button, when they cool they reset. Never had a problem with them, used them on lighting circuits, electric winches, pretty much any thing electric. Most are 1" - 1 1/2" long x 1/2 wide & 3/4 deep. Came with mounting tabs or no tabs. Would usually run heavy wire,10 ga. or bigger from battery or connections to a multi terminal block for multi circuits and depending on circuits would determine whether breaker was before terminal block or after. On my bike, I installed an ampmeter and ran second set of wires from meter, one to breaker and then terminal block and other to make grd. lug. From the terminal block I power two relays for lights. I mounted front coil on a made bracket and made a separate bracket where coil mounted to carry terminal block and breaker.

joe they have breaker fuses.
example
had a buddy that a fuse would blow (electrical short) and engine would stop then he would change the fuse and it would run a couple of blocks and then it would blow.
so i put a breaker fuse(instead of regular fuse) and went for a road test and sure enough the breaker fuse began to click like a turn signal so i raise the hood and i saw a wire shorting out (sparks big time) on the manifold. so i taped wire it turned out great can u imagine how hard it would have been to diagnose without the breaker fuse.
i carry one to use as a tool just in case i have a problem with my rocket.

These don't have a reset button, when they cool they reset. Never had a problem with them, used them on lighting circuits, electric winches, pretty much any thing electric. Most are 1" - 1 1/2" long x 1/2 wide & 3/4 deep. Came with mounting tabs or no tabs. Would usually run heavy wire,10 ga. or bigger from battery or connections to a multi terminal block for multi circuits and depending on circuits would determine whether breaker was before terminal block or after. On my bike, I installed an ampmeter and ran second set of wires from meter, one to breaker and then terminal block and other to make grd. lug. From the terminal block I power two relays for lights. I mounted front coil on a made bracket and made a separate bracket where coil mounted to carry terminal block and breaker.
Looked on Amazon, I used Borg-Warner breakers, they carry B.-W. and Bussman. They also carry breaker fuses.

Confirming what 1olbull said, I installed a PDM60 on my Triumph Explorer 2 months ago. A very cool piece of electronics, programmable, easy install and never a blown fuse again (didn’t have one before but liked this concept). Depending on the colour of the light on the module, it trouble shoots itself to narrow down your search for any electrical issue.

Back