chrome side panels

If you are talking about the side panels that pop on and off and some times fall off and cost $150.00 to replace, they are plastic. How ya going to chrome them?

Same way they 'chrome' all the plastic bits on the Rockets (radiator shrouds, gauge pods etc )

If we are talking about the same parts that mount on both sides of the bike with rubber grommets, just below the seat, mine are Black and are made of plastic. I've heard the earlier Rockets were metal. But I think the 08 is the same as my 011. I guess one could search for a company that does plastic chrome plating like a grill on a car. But I bet it would get real costly!

I know Triumph lists a chrome replacement insert for the painted Black out board metal insert on the rear passenger foot boards. But I've never seen a chrome replacement for the plastic side covers.

Not doubting they're plastic; just didn't know they were. On my Standard, they're metal and bolt on. Makes sense they're plastic if they just push on. Point is there's already plenty of chromed plastic on all Rockets - radiator shroud, indicator stalks, gauge pods - so it shouldn't be too costly or difficult. That's all.

Lots of different rattle can chroming options out there, just use 1000 ( fine steel wool ) to de-gloss them and away you go. BTW. The part number for these panels in a kit is A9738107 and this number is obsolete; however, they do still have the panels available separately. The unfortunate part is that they are a bit more expensive to have to buy them individually instead of in the kit. The kit was $189.99, but individually is $270.92. So while they are a bit more expensive, they are still available The part numbers you'll need to order are A9733608, A9733609 and T2301834 (Qty 2). I've already checked availability on all of them, and they are all available from Triumph.

Last edited:
The part number for these panels in a kit is A9738107 and this number is obsolete; however, they do still have the panels available separately. The unfortunate part is that they are a bit more expensive to have to buy them individually instead of in the kit. The kit was $189.99, but individually is $270.92. So while they are a bit more expensive, they are still available The part numbers you'll need to order are A9733608, A9733609 and T2301834 (Qty 2). I've already checked availability on all of them, and they are all available from Triumph. ;)

I doubt the chrome side panels listed in the original accessory catalog were ever really available. When I lost one of the stock covers I ordered a set of the chrome ones since their price was substantially lower. They were listed on backorder and the order was never filled.
Yes they were I have some.

Back