chrome side panels

paulmckay

Standard Bore
Does anyone know where I can get chrome side panels for my R3 tourer. seems its not an official triumph part:eek:

Sorry mate ... just noticed it was your first post... Welcome from Australia. Where are you from ?

Are you talking about the Touring or the Tourer? If the former, they were listed with a Triumph part number shortly after the model was released in 2008. I don't know if any were actually delivered, but Bike Bandit listed them for awhile.

If you're talking about the earlier Tourer model, I don't know.

Sorry mate ... just noticed it was your first post... Welcome from Australia. Where are you from ?
London mate. Its the R3 Touring that im just about to buy. Would look so much better with chrome side panels but looks like ill have to get them sprayed. test rode a Harley fat Boy y'day which looks better but you get more for your dollars with the rocket.

I doubt the chrome side panels listed in the original accessory catalog were ever really available. When I lost one of the stock covers I ordered a set of the chrome ones since their price was substantially lower. They were listed on backorder and the order was never filled.

London mate. Its the R3 Touring that im just about to buy. Would look so much better with chrome side panels but looks like ill have to get them sprayed. test rode a Harley fat Boy y'day which looks better but you get more for your dollars with the rocket.

Welcome Paul. I've seen chrome side covers on e-bay from time to time, but I think mainly for the Standard/Classic/Roadster. Worth looking there.

Instead of looking for side covers maybe you should look for glasses......;) :

Welcome Paul, from California, cant really help with the side cover question, just wanted to say hey :rolleyes:

If you are talking about the side panels that pop on and off and some times fall off and cost $150.00 to replace, they are plastic. How ya going to chrome them?

Didn't know they were plastic; metal on mine. I guess you'd chrome them the same way they 'chrome' the indicator stalks etc. No idea actually. :eek:

Back