If you want the coating to last forever, get them done in whatever ladies' heels are made of.
Jabo, That looks really nice and faster then mine, must because it's all black lol
It's funny I was told that my jardines can't be powerdercoated or ceramic or Chrome because there too old.
Looks like I need to get the right person.
That would be great when you go see him if you can get a gloss black.

If your chrome is peeling then I can understand why they don't want to touch it since mostly they just want to rough up the surface when blasting instead of taking all the chrome off, but if it's in decent shape it should be no problem. And even if it is peeling there is still ways of getting the chrome off to get even surface, might be more expensive but it can be done. I have to agree u need a new guy to get your exhaust done.

If your chrome is peeling then I can understand why they don't want to touch it since mostly they just want to rough up the surface when blasting instead of taking all the chrome off, but if it's in decent shape it should be no problem. And even if it is peeling there is still ways of getting the chrome off to get even surface, might be more expensive but it can be done. I have to agree u need a new guy to get your exhaust done.
No my exhaust is in good shape my wife melted her boot heel all over my exhaust what a mess, she woundered why her foot was feeling really warm lol.
I got it all off but it's scratched and dull,I did ask a chrome guy and he said he didnt want to do them because my exhaust was old and he will junk up his bin from all the junk that will be loose inside of the exhaust.
But seems I need to find the right guy.
I would love to do them in black chrome and do my rims in black Chrome.

Chroming anything is big money and to find a reputable shop is another hurdle. I fabricated 4 windshield brackets for my old beemer while back that I had to have chromed, found only shop within 50 miles that would do such a small order cost me close to $200 and chrome started peeling after few years. Black chrome looks real nice, I though about having some stuff done as well untill I priced it out. Now I keep it black, easy to maintain and cheap if u need to recoat.

No my exhaust is in good shape my wife melted her boot heel all over my exhaust what a mess, she woundered why her foot was feeling really warm lol.
I got it all off but it's scratched and dull,I did ask a chrome guy and he said he didnt want to do them because my exhaust was old and he will junk up his bin from all the junk that will be loose inside of the exhaust.
But seems I need to find the right guy.
I would love to do them in black chrome and do my rims in black Chrome.
Just take it to the powder coated and have it done right in black ceramic coat

I was also thinking of keeping my jardine headers and just take my exhaust off and replace them with another.
Has any one done that? What exhaust would sound even better?
Like some of those after market pipes that go on some of these sport bikes might sound wicked on the Rocket?

Back