Check Engine / Oil warnings came on

Was able to connect the bike and the PC. Had error code Coolant temperature sensor low voltage of short to ground. Where is this sensor?
I have done this very same job just last week . The sensor is located beside the thermostat housing and unfortunately will require the removal of the throttle bodies and the oil tank . It's not a difficult job , just time consuming . 10 minutes to replace the sensor but 2 hours to get to it ! You will also need a claw spanner to remove / replace the sensor . I made one up by cutting a slot out of an old 18mm ring spanner . Don't be tempted to use any other type of spanner as access is limited and the sensor is brass and threadlocked in , so easy to round off ! The sensor controls the cooling fan , so I am assuming this is not working either . It is linked to the ECM so will give the exact symptoms with tick over that you describe ! Check the relay , no 3 on left hand side and wiring . Unplug the sensor wire from under the tank and with the engine hot , connect a multimeter to the 2 pins on the sensor wire , if it does not read between 200 - 400 ohms then you will need to replace the sensor . Do the checks first before taking anything apart tho just in case the fault is not the actual sensor ! Hope this helps ?

OK... question. Looking from the left side under the tank... the connectors in the pic, should be connected? The left wire leading to it is coming from behind the oil tank in a sleeve. The other one from the harness at the level of the second injector by the fuel rail. I did reconnect them and... the bike would not stay on. Took it off. Still had the warning lights on when I did connect them. The fan comes on and off fine.

ack.jpg IMG_0899.JPG IMG_0900.JPG
IMG_0901.JPG IMG_0902.JPG Three side views and two from the top.

On mine the connector for the sensor was by the second injector but the lead ran down on the left of the throttle bodies , held in place by a clip on the throttle linkage cover ! Mine did read the same fault as you describe but the fan wasn't working and only the management light was on .

Ok looking at the pics I see the 2 prong square connector that is disconnected appears to be the coolant temp sensor plug.
Might explain the coolant temp sensor error code.

Also in the 1st pic the ISCV plug is disconnected, which may explain the low idle, and the low idle may explain low oil pressure light.

Pic one is not from my bike. I am going to try and connect the sensor and start the bike. Yesterday it would turn and start but not stay on.
TUNE ECU would not let me erase the error code or reload the TUNE mod from HansO. I'm about to go and play with all that.

Back