Check Engine / Oil warnings came on

1K9

No'mo Rocket 4 me
Ride
Honda CB1100
Going out to check the new RamAir and the check engine and oil lamps are on. o_O Hummm? The bike has oil and it runs well. Any suggestions? Stalled my ride :(

Ran a 12 minute test, disconnected and reconnected the battery. No cigar.:whitstling: Might I have disconnected something while fiddling under the tank? Ohh well, there's cold beer in the fridge

Look and see if you disturbed the wiring on the oil sending unit its on the back of the engine where the snorkel used to go down to the air box.

Probably but, it's hard to look in there. What am I looking for a loose connector? Where is the sender located to see if I disconnected it?

There is one loose square two prong connector near the fuel rail but I could not find where it would go. The only connection I made was the air temp sensor extension after relocating the sensor on the RamAir box. The MAP tubes and connections look good to me.

Oil pressure warning light switch is to the rear and top of the cylinder head . It has a single wire and is usually covered with a rubber cover . Easily disturbed if removing the air box plumbing ! :thumbsup:

the two wire connector u found is probably for the cigarette lighter socket that would go into the little plastic cover on the left side.
if u disconnected the sensor to see what happens (ing on unplug the sensor light should go off. connecter on light on start motor light should go off if it don't go out u have a bad sensor or oil pressure two low.
i think that there has been a couple with bad sensors. hth

No luck. Tried to connect the PC to the bike to see if I get an error code but the PC will not see the cable. Cable worked well to load the tune before.
Reloaded the drivers... getting nowhere fast. The bike runs but the idle is slow and something's not right. I guess the bike did not like the RamAir boost.

It's beer 30 so ill try again tomorrow. Thanks.

Back