Check Engine / Oil warnings came on

on most cars when the temp sensor is disconnected or open circuit the computer will substitute a -40 degrees and then it will richen the mixture like it was -40 degrees this floods the engine and makes it very hard to run in normal temps.

BINGO! Connected the sensor to the harness. Start, kept going rough, warmed up, fan on and slowly smoothed out. Going out for a ride. Thank you Gentlemen.

Joe; See you in Virginia.

lift.jpg

Pulling the bike with this contrapture to break in the rear tire. :D It's good to have a safety vehicle that can trailer available. Probably will bring the Yukon. Nice people carrier.

on most cars when the temp sensor is disconnected or open circuit the computer will substitute a -40 degrees and then it will richen the mixture like it was -40 degrees this floods the engine and makes it very hard to run in normal temps.

Yep. When it started yesterday I could smell it. It seems like the bike just wanted to start cold to reset itself. Thank you again.

BTW, able to erase error code, coolant temp light off, engine light still on. Should be gone when I restart the bike cold.

Ha ha ! Apologies @1K9 . There's me banging on bout changing the sensor and all you had to do was plug the bloody thing in ! :laugh:
Oh well , if ever the sensor packs up , you will know how to do it now ! ;)

Joe; See you in Virginia.

lift.jpg

Pulling the bike with this contrapture to break in the rear tire. :D It's good to have a safety vehicle that can trailer available. Probably will bring the Yukon. Nice people carrier.

i may not understand but towing the rocket with the rear wheel on the ground will tear up the transmission.:(

It will be in neutral and the oil in the rear gear casing is new.

On another note... everything is done and all the warning lights are off buuuut my idle is too slow, to the point of stalling. :thumbsdown: Can keep it running helping it with the throttle but need the idle above 900. I am guessing that I need to reinstall the Tune or raise the idle with Tune ECU.

Does anyone know if Triumph is still honoring exchanging the fuel level sending unit for older R3s?

Ha ha ! Apologies @1K9 . There's me banging on bout changing the sensor and all you had to do was plug the bloody thing in ! :laugh:
Oh well , if ever the sensor packs up , you will know how to do it now ! ;)

The tank has to come off to change the O rings. Leaking like an old Norton. Will probably change the sending unit at that time.

It will be in neutral and the oil in the rear gear casing is new.

i am still confused if u r talking about a bike that has a separate transmission like some harleys it would ok.
but if u r talking about the rocket then don't do it because the rocket has to be running to lube transmission or it will fry the trans.

The tank has to come off to change the O rings. Leaking like an old Norton. Will probably change the sending unit at that time.
If your doing it as a precautionary measure then change the stat too to save having to go down there again ! Altho the sensors do go down , it's not common . If your using triumph parts , order them early ! I think it was mentioned by another member but DO blow around the oil tank with compressed air before you pull it . The holes it leaves in the crankcase seem to attract crud !

Back