Thanks for the poop.
I have a Roadster and the gauges mount a little differently plus, I wish to stay with 1" bars.
Their web site doesn't give all the measurements, but I am interested in the Western or 10" apes with sufficient rise and pullback for my short arms.
The stock bars are about 9" rise.
They look to be top quality bars!
They make them for the roadster as well so they might clear the tank, as you don't need to fold the gauges back like you did for mine to get the tank up with the stock bars, they are 1 inch at the grip ends so that all the switches and grips fit. Or you can buy these fron NZ they are only 1 1/4 inch Thunderbike Engineering - Rocket 3 - Online Shop

They make them for the roadster as well so they might clear the tank, as you don't need to fold the gauges back like you did for mine to get the tank up with the stock bars, they are 1 inch at the grip ends so that all the switches and grips fit. Or you can buy these fron NZ they are only 1 1/4 inch Thunderbike Engineering - Rocket 3 - Online Shop

Once again, thanks for the info!
The NZ outfit doesn't offer 1" bars.
Think I shall contact Burleigh and inquire further.

Once again, thanks for the info!
The NZ outfit doesn't offer 1" bars.
Think I shall contact Burleigh and inquire further.

Hi Bull

I tried to get some bars I wanted out of the US but they wouldn't ship so I had to settle for NZ made bars, I have 14" Apes on rivco risers and am pretty happy with them.

Got them from this site

VENTURA Motorcycle Luggage System, Packs, Motorbikes Accessories | Dold Industries

They have a good range but were theivingly priced and geared up for HD rather than Triumph. As I had factory heated grips and wanted to keep the end weights we had to make up inserts for the bar ends.

As a price comparison the bars i want from the USA were $70USD the bars I had to settle for were $250NZD (about $125USD) but to give them their due the range, quality and service was great. My only issue was that I want bars with less pull back than normal as I have arms like a chimpanzee, or so I'm told....

Hope this helps

Hi Bull
I tried to get some bars I wanted out of the US but they wouldn't ship so I had to settle for NZ made bars, I have 14" Apes on rivco risers and am pretty happy with them.
Got them from this site
VENTURA Motorcycle Luggage System, Packs, Motorbikes Accessories | Dold Industries
They have a good range but were theivingly priced and geared up for HD rather than Triumph. As I had factory heated grips and wanted to keep the end weights we had to make up inserts for the bar ends.
As a price comparison the bars i want from the USA were $70USD the bars I had to settle for were $250NZD (about $125USD) but to give them their due the range, quality and service was great. My only issue was that I want bars with less pull back than normal as I have arms like a chimpanzee, or so I'm told....
Hope this helps

Thanks.
Nice web site, but I'm not wanting apes. I have 18" on my V2K and love them, but on my R3R I feel they would sacrifice too much in handling performance.
I'm looking for a 9 to 10" rise with a 14" pullback in a 35" wide 1" bar.

Thanks.
Nice web site, but I'm not wanting apes. I have 18" on my V2K and love them, but on my R3R I feel they would sacrifice too much in handling performance.
I'm looking for a 9 to 10" rise with a 14" pullback in a 35" wide 1" bar.
Hi Bull may I ask why only 1 inch?

Hi Bull may I ask why only 1 inch?

Do not wish to deal with what bar end 1" distance is needed for grips, controls, accessory mounts etc . . .
Twas a PITA with the 1.25" apes I installed on my V2K where I had to machine bar end extensions in order to make both sides equal length.
1" is a sufficient diameter for function. The big stuff is only for looks, which is down in third place on my personal priority list, after handling, performance and fit my old body. :D

Do not wish to deal with what bar end 1" distance is needed for grips, controls, accessory mounts etc . . .
Twas a PITA with the 1.25" apes I installed on my V2K where I had to machine bar end extensions in order to make both sides equal length.
1" is a sufficient diameter for function. The big stuff is only for looks, which is down in third place on my personal priority list, after handling, performance and fit my old body. :D

Hi Bull

They have other types of bars other than apes on the site, they've got westerns and semi westerns too, the apes are just what I got.

Hi Bull
They have other types of bars other than apes on the site, they've got westerns and semi westerns too, the apes are just what I got.

Thanks, but they have none that come close to what I'm after.

Thanks mate, the pictures do not do them any justice the first heat shield is a shorter one the second goes from near the top all the way to the bottom and finishes just about were the 3rd pipe is at the same hight as the 2nd and then there is one that goes over the collector and back down to nearly were the exhaust will bolt on. So I shouldn't have any problems with heat even when I am using the highway pegs.
I am extremely happy with them.

Back