HansO, Chicken Little says - Yep the sky is burnin' and no sight of Midnight Oil either!

Ishrub

That's my name ....built like a truck
Ride
2x2010 ABS Roadsters, Sprint ST 1050 ABS, 3x250s
For those unaware Oz is burning in many places in a bushfire season that started in September about 3 months early and is starting to really impact the whole nation with major fires in All States currently. Some of the fires have burnt over 10000 sq Km (nearly 4000sq miles).

Our favourite son @HansO is safe and sound in his suburban house in Surfside, Batemans Bay, NSW. Luckily he is on the safe side of Batemans Bay but as you can see the whole area bounded in black has been burnt out already.

Unfortunately, the whole coastal strip from Nowra to Moruya is about to lose ALL telecommunications due to the fires from early this evening for at least 6 - 12 hours. This will affect ALL landline mobile, cell and internet so you may not be able to get through to him or him respond.

Edit: Now 24 hours, due to a major power outage!

Ann and Hans are safe and well and I chatted to him this afternoon and was able to warn him of the impending blackout. He is suitably happy!

Currently they are completely smoked and Oranged out.

Han's place is about 1/4 inch below the 'North Batemans' text on map below

Source: NSW Volunteer (and only) Rural Fire Service
Link:
Fires Near Me

upload_2019-12-31_18-41-10.png

Last edited:
Not a good look.

Here across the Tasman Sea in New Zealand we are just getting the smoke thank goodness.

Send prayers and thoughts to our Ozzie mates.
IMG_20191231_210122.jpg

Just in Timaru to see in the New Year.

Live band and fireworks in just over an hours time.

The Aussie Icons 'The Oils'.:):cool::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::notworthy::notworthy::notworthy:

The lead singer Peter Garrett was a lawyer and became a Minister in the last Labor Government of Australia. He has performed with Midnight Oil again since leaving office.

Peter Garrett - Wikipedia
Minister for School Education, Early Childhood and Youth
Minister for Environment Protection, Heritage and the Arts

Last edited:
Not a good look.

Here across the Tasman Sea in New Zealand we are just getting the smoke thank goodness.

Send prayers and thoughts to our Ozzie mates.
IMG_20191231_210122.jpg

Just in Timaru to see in the New Year.

Live band and fireworks in just over an hours time.

I am 150 km East of Batemans Bay and the wind has changed back and filled our house here in Canberra again. It is literally so thick it is worse than any a smoky poker den just looking across my non smoking parents lounge room upstairs.

Official weather station report nearby states visability is down to 200 metres.

Welcome to the new year.

Fire works done just waiting for the traffic to thin out so we can get outta the parking area should be good in about ½ an hour.

I’ve heard from @ruzzle. He’s south of the Bay and in the thick of the fire zone, says he’s well prepared and so far so good. No comms, power or internet. Hopefully will know more in the morning - 9.45pm now. Still got his sense of humour; said “Happy noo year eh?”

Back