Carpenter motors - what batteries do you use?

Oh and I'm back in Norfolk Virginia

Attachments

• 20170519_133811.jpg
    20170519_133811.jpg
    660.8 KB · Views: 1
Did you have larger cables put on ypur Classic? As i seen the otjer one and no matter what battery yoi use it still won't start until you put the beast back together.

That beong said along time aho a awnry cus recommended a speed cell battery as a second battery. 3 regular batteries later and that speed cell is still kicking. That was 2010 and all I can say is dang Art you recommended a good battery. Not I run two batteries.
YES the Battery makers give me them to test on the big modded Rockets

starter upgrade ftw.

no need for a 2nd battery, or lithium battery etc. that was the answer i was looking for when starting the thread really

Motobatt all the way, but with ground cable and starter upgrade, probably any decent battery OK, I never had any cranking issues.

Edit: Posted before I read your post, I'd find the issue, do you have an alarm? Mine sits a month or more, still starts no problem, even when it had a 5 or 6 year old stock battery, something else is going on.
No, I do not have an alarm. Good question.

starter upgrade ftw.

no need for a 2nd battery, or lithium battery etc. that was the answer i was looking for when starting the thread really
All I needed was the extra cable going to the ground. Cheap and quick fix. 1 battery turns over the 265 hp motor like it was nothing. Fast starts every time.

Back