Carpenter motors - what batteries do you use?

YOU can always run 2 batteries we do that with the modded sport bikes and Rockets YES 2 720 amp lithiums for a grand total of 1,440 amps that will start anything and together they weigh only 8lbs still less than the stock battery its only money LOL
dude you're confusing me now.. so is one of these 720amp lithiums good enough for first touch starts or do i need a 2nd battery too?

I'm trying to free up my airbox for ehhhh... some other..stuff...

dude you're confusing me now.. so is one of these 720amp lithiums good enough for first touch starts or do i need a 2nd battery too?

Arto I added a 600 CCA Speed Cell lithium battery in my air box along with the Vampire unit some tuning cables and a few tools. Then a Scorpion 320 CCA battery in battery rack. Probably overkill but what the heck. Oh and I would not think about running the traction fluid tank in the Box I did it before but a pain to get at and one mess and nothing will rust :) I love the lithium battery its great for jumping cars my lawn mover even jumped a Allis Chalmers Tractor with the bugger :)

I used 1 600 amp battery and it started with ease BUT I would use a 720 amp dont skimp on battery power .

Last edited:
?? I don't understand why all the drama, maybe cranking pressure too high?

Cranking pressure on mine is 200 psi which I believe is the same as stock which seems a bit odd.

The drama is because at the moment I need 2 batteries to start the bike but I want just 1.
I spent a fortune on a 540cca battery that claimed it would be all I need but it wouldn't turn the bike fully over until the 3rd or 4th try.
Hence the 2nd battery had to be tied in.

Now I'm asking if anyone with a similar engine has good results with just 1 battery.

Cranking pressure on mine is 200 psi which I believe is the same as stock which seems a bit odd.

The drama is because at the moment I need 2 batteries to start the bike but I want just 1.
I spent a fortune on a 540cca battery that claimed it would be all I need but it wouldn't turn the bike fully over until the 3rd or 4th try.
Hence the 2nd battery had to be tied in.

Now I'm asking if anyone with a similar engine has good results with just 1 battery.
I have a 240 + carpenter engine in my 2012 Roadster with the heavier ground cable and I have I lead acid battery and it starts but I dont ride in the winter . So what engine package do you have ?

NO NEV I actually have the stock battery in my bike but I dont ride in the winter some of these guys want to ride in 10 degree temps I dont know why ?
Becasue some of us actually do ride to live and live to ride; or we are just not that smart. I not sure which, Pick one... :)

I have the 265 Carpenter package, and it has 13:1 compression. Carpenter added the heavy cables, and the stock battery cranks it. In fact the battery I had when we went to MV was from an 09. Freezing temperatures every morning, and it cranked fine.

Motobatt makes a great replacement AGM battery for $120 delivered.

I have the 265 Carpenter package, and it has 13:1 compression. Carpenter added the heavy cables, and the stock battery cranks it. In fact the battery I had when we went to MV was from an 09. Freezing temperatures every morning, and it cranked fine.

Motobatt makes a great replacement AGM battery for $120 delivered.
But freezing temps are not the same as going into the teens and below. Besides, your battery fears you and knows it better work or you may eat it alive...

Last edited:
Back