Carpenter motors - what batteries do you use?

Most 1 star Lithium battery reviews are due to user error, it's not a lead acid, so don't treat it like one...

A good balance charger 2 or 3 times a year will keep a Lithium battery good for years and keep it performing far beyond a lead acid. FWIW I have a little 1 pound 12v LiON battery that can start my Daytona 955, even in cold, subfreezing weather.
WELL we know the longest lasting batteries are lithium and are used by everyone . life expectancy for lead acid and agm is three years even though some last longer and some never make it that long I ve had some never last more than 1 season and then I have the original in my 09 Classic but it just died

I have had it go both ways. Permanently killed my original Lead Acid by leaving my LM-2 plugged in overnight... lol whoops.
I have also saved a lithium ballistics that read 7v on the meter using a high quality balance charger in recovery mode. That LiON went on for another 2 years before it finally gave up the ghost one day in sube 30f temps and would never take a charge again after that.

I have had it go both ways. Permanently killed my original Lead Acid by leaving my LM-2 plugged in overnight... lol whoops.
I have also saved a lithium ballistics that read 7v on the meter using a high quality balance charger in recovery mode. That LiON went on for another 2 years before it finally gave up the ghost one day in sube 30f temps and would never take a charge again after that.
YES once you let any of the batteries rundown they sulphate and thats the end so you have to take care of both types but the lithium will last 2 to 3 times longer .

Expensive compared to the cheapo lead acid $100 batteries but $400 is not much for a permanent fix and they last twice as long and has more than twice the power of the stock battery, weigh only 5 lbs and frees up all that space under the seat . I watch my alcholic friend spend hundreds of $ on booze and strippers daily and he has to push start his hot rod zx12 because he wont buy the battery he needs to start his bike LOL He just blew up his new $ 8000 Carpenter engine because his ecu is toast and has no rev limiter and only $150 for a used one ? We use 2 lithium batteries in the TRIUMPH STREAMLINER

ok so this antigravity battery starts up the 240hp motors first time?
no darting the starter to get the lithium battery warmed up enough to give the juice?

ok so this antigravity battery starts up the 240hp motors first time?
no darting the starter to get the lithium battery warmed up enough to give the juice?
LITHIUM batteries get stronger as you crank just the opposite of lead acid

YOU know you would need three stock batteries to equal the lithium battery and they would weigh 40lbs and cost $300

LITHIUM batteries get stronger as you crank just the opposite of lead acid

YOU know you would need three stock batteries to equal the lithium battery and they would weigh 40lbs and cost $300

yeap i noticed that alright with the Shorai. thats why i had to hook a lead acid in in parallel. the bike starts on the 1st or 2nd rev of the starter every time no matter the temperature. the carpenter motor is a real quick starter once your starter motor gets the juice.
i need it to start right away. aint nobody got time for batteries to warm up. im far too important to wait around on a battery.

so conclusion is if i use the antigravity 720cca on its own, ill have to give it a few darts to wake the battery up before bike will start?

Not sure where in Europe you are, but those LI batteries do not do well in the cold.

Oh, and for the record, I left the headlights on for about 24 hours, twice, with my stock Yuasa battery, both times I recharged it, it lasted a couple more years after that, almost 6 years total.

yeap i noticed that alright with the Shorai. thats why i had to hook a lead acid in in parallel. the bike starts on the 1st or 2nd rev of the starter every time no matter the temperature. the carpenter motor is a real quick starter once your starter motor gets the juice.
i need it to start right away. aint nobody got time for batteries to warm up. im far too important to wait around on a battery.

so conclusion is if i use the antigravity 720cca on its own, ill have to give it a few darts to wake the battery up before bike will start?

NO I used a smaller lithium and it started instantly so Im sure the more powerful 720 amp battery will start it even faster if thats possible .

ok so my batteries are a few years old now (stock lead acid with a Shorai LFX36L3-BS12 in parallel) and are due a replacement. neither battery is good enough on its own but together they spin the starter like a mother.
i could do with a smaller 2nd battery to free up toolbox space, or even better just one battery.

what battery, or pair of batteries, do you guys with high comp/aggressive cams/strong valve springs engines use?

thanks.
YOU can always run 2 batteries we do that with the modded sport bikes and Rockets YES 2 720 amp lithiums for a grand total of 1,440 amps that will start anything and together they weigh only 8lbs still less than the stock battery its only money LOL

If you use two batteries, use two of the same kind and size, otherwise the smaller one will burn out faster. I have two batteries on mine and rund two cables to the starter end two to ground. Now it starts by itself unless I sneak up to it :D:D;):)

Back