Carpenter motors - what batteries do you use?

Duracell replacement, Heavy Duty for arctic environments version of OEM. Has a little bit higher CCA.

It made an audible difference in cranking speed vs an OEM battery.

No issues whatsoever with cranking after swapping to the Duracell even below 32f.

EDIT: Wiring is all stock to the starter etc.

Duracell replacement, Heavy Duty for arctic environments version of OEM. Has a little bit higher CCA.

It made an audible difference in cranking speed vs an OEM battery.

No issues whatsoever with cranking after swapping to the Duracell even below 32f.

EDIT: Wiring is all stock to the starter etc.
That's so funny… I took my old battery to the local Batteries Plus to be recycled. Took a look at what they had and it was all either generic store brand or Duracell. I thought, who puts a Duracell in their bike? In everything I have EVER read about the best motorcycle batteries, I have never seen ANYONE recommend a Duracell.

First time for everything! Glad to hear it's working out well. Maybe I'll give it a try next time around.

That's so funny… I took my old battery to the local Batteries Plus to be recycled. Took a look at what they had and it was all either generic store brand or Duracell. I thought, who puts a Duracell in their bike? In everything I have EVER read about the best motorcycle batteries, I have never seen ANYONE recommend a Duracell.

First time for everything! Glad to hear it's working out well. Maybe I'll give it a try next time around.

I was incredibly apprehensive about putting it in honestly. I'm just happy it's working and if it gives up the ghost I have a 2 year exchange for free through Batteries Plus.

Back