"Carbon Fibre" Seat Cover

more pictures.....for the hell of it.
20191202_123152.jpg
20191202_123152.jpg

Last edited:
20191202_123139.jpg
20191202_123128.jpg

Update: Got the vinyl sample a week ago or so. It was difficult to tell what the overall look would be with an actual cover based on the 1.5 sq. inch sample. It was a very lightly embossed pattern similar to that found on the Triumph, "carbon fiber" vinyl side panels but not nearly as sexy to my old eyes. Besides that, their seat cover would be the same lightly embossed vinyl over the entire seat, which they recommend be stapled over the original vinyl.....plus the fact it would not match the carbon fiber pillion I have installed. To me the Triumph carbon fiber seat has a very attractive style to it with the two distinctively different and contrasting patterns on the side panels and top panel. So, I decided to continue my quest for an original carbon fiber solo seat to match my carbon fiber pillion.

Hooray, a few days ago I found both the solo rider and pillion carbon fiber seats on eBay for $195. I offered $150 and accepted the counter offer at $175.00. Now, on the spare parts shelves, I have the original touring style Classic single seat, two extra pillions, one carbon fiber, one plain, plus one plain roadster solo seat. If I keep this up you could call me Ishrub Jr. :);):D
20191202_123128.jpg

Yep, that is how it starts! Your on your way Junior.:whitstling::thumbsup:;):D

Well, apparently no one is interested and/or no one has bought one of these covers. I've corresponded with vendor and they offered a sample of the material, so, we will see how it looks. Will, let you know. :)

OK, OK, I went down and searched my garage.
Like new:

New-Seat.jpg
The small dimples are from the beads laying on top and a box of stuff on top of the beads.
They will soon disappear.
I also have the duct underneath and the screws for it.
$100 plus shipping from 98466.
Pretty sure I have a matching pillion as well, if interested.

OK, OK, I went down and searched my garage.
Like new:

New-Seat.jpg
The small dimples are from the beads laying on top and a box of stuff on top of the beads.
They will soon disappear.
I also have the duct underneath and the screws for it.
$100 plus shipping from 98466.
Pretty sure I have a matching pillion as well, if interested.
Too late, bummer. As I posted earlier I bought a carbon fiber solo and pillion listed on eBay recently.

Thanks for trying to help. :):thumbsup:

Too late, bummer. As I posted earlier I bought a carbon fiber solo and pillion listed on eBay recently.

Thanks for trying to help. :):thumbsup:

No problema. Hope you enjoy the seat.
Try those beads, they work very well, especially if you frequently hoon the twisties.

Back