...but that's another story.

Hopefully the accessories will be in early next week. The dealer is going to install the TOR and cat eliminator prior to delivery. It appears some stuff is on backorder. Got the shop manual, dust cover, upgraded seats with rider backrest, gauges, windshield, lowers, and a few other odds and ends coming in. I'll install everything except the pipes myself.

My RoadStar Warrior leaves with the new owner on Monday or Tuesday so I'll have room in the garage.

Thanks all for the warm welcome. Looking forward to learning the ins-n-outs of this fine machine.

Can't wait to feel the POWER.....

John

Oooh... you are gonna love the way it sounds! I just installed the TOR pipes and cat delete on my '07 Classic Tourer. Talk about attitude! Used to get looks all the time, just being that it's a big, flashy bike that isn't a Hardly... now I get more frightened looks!

It's odd, though; my dealer recommended leaving the stock exhaust on until the break-in was complete.

Anyway, welcome to the melee! Great buncha guys here!

Welcome aboard John, I told you at the Warrior forum that there were some pretty good people over here on this forum and I'm sure that given enough time at least one of the good one will say Hi.:eek: I'm taking a group of the Warriors that are coming into town for StarDays for a little ride into the mountains of GA and AL next weekend, I hope that they can keep up.:) My warrior is still down after my crash, but I'm gonna rebuild it, just as soon as I can, I really miss having it, especially in the mountains.

Welcome aboard John, I told you at the Warrior forum that there were some pretty good people over here on this forum and I'm sure that given enough time at least one of the good one will say Hi.:eek: I'm taking a group of the Warriors that are coming into town for StarDays for a little ride into the mountains of GA and AL next weekend, I hope that they can keep up.:) My warrior is still down after my crash, but I'm gonna rebuild it, just as soon as I can, I really miss having it, especially in the mountains.

Thanks for the warm welcome here. Right now I don't miss the Warrior since I still have my Valkyrie.

The R3 is definitely growing on me. I still check in on the RSW site and probably always will.

Wish you were closer so we could kick some tires and do some rides.

Here's a picture from last weekend after the first bath.

Attachments

• July222007R3.JPG
    July222007R3.JPG
    46.9 KB · Views: 40
  • July22R3Pic2.JPG
    July22R3Pic2.JPG
    48.1 KB · Views: 42
John,

Welcome to the forum.

I have a 06 Classic, which I got late March.

My last big bike was a 97 Valk Standard which had a tall Memphis Fats windshield.

Don't know what size you are, I'm 6' 3" and 250lbs and I am still of the opinion that the Valk is the more comfortable of the two bikes for touring. I completed several 600+ mile day trips on the Valk which my butt is fervently hoping I'm not contemplating doing the same anytime soon on the R3 Classic.

The R3 Classic seat is becoming more user friendly, before spending a small fortune on an aftermarket seat I've been messing with the ergonomics to get the bike better suited to my size. Tilting the handlebars 1" higher has made quite an improvement for me. The R3 Roadster screen isn't tall enough for me, I have a taller and slightly wider Clearview screen on order (approx $150)

Going by the accessories you are adding it sounds like you are not on a limited budget so I suggest you also bin the OEM rear shocks and get yourself some Progressive 440's (approx $400) which vastly improve handling and comfort.

Apart from having the undertank K&N air filter my bike is stock. To date I have experienced no idling problems or gearbox problems, long may it continue, the two year warranty gives me some piece of mind but I'm not yet convinced the R3 is as bulletproof as the Valk.

Hope this helps when its time to decide whether to sell your Valk
Happy riding

John,

Welcome to the forum.

I have a 06 Classic, which I got late March.

My last big bike was a 97 Valk Standard which had a tall Memphis Fats windshield.

Don't know what size you are, I'm 6' 3" and 250lbs and I am still of the opinion that the Valk is the more comfortable of the two bikes for touring. I completed several 600+ mile day trips on the Valk which my butt is fervently hoping I'm not contemplating doing the same anytime soon on the R3 Classic.

The R3 Classic seat is becoming more user friendly, before spending a small fortune on an aftermarket seat I've been messing with the ergonomics to get the bike better suited to my size. Tilting the handlebars 1" higher has made quite an improvement for me. The R3 Roadster screen isn't tall enough for me, I have a taller and slightly wider Clearview screen on order (approx $150)

Going by the accessories you are adding it sounds like you are not on a limited budget so I suggest you also bin the OEM rear shocks and get yourself some Progressive 440's (approx $400) which vastly improve handling and comfort.

Apart from having the undertank K&N air filter my bike is stock. To date I have experienced no idling problems or gearbox problems, long may it continue, the two year warranty gives me some piece of mind but I'm not yet convinced the R3 is as bulletproof as the Valk.

Hope this helps when its time to decide whether to sell your Valk
Happy riding

TonyMac,

Thanks for the welcome.

I too am 6'3", slightly bigger at 280# and the Clearview will be in my future.

I bought the upgraded Triumph seat with backrest and it feels OK. I routinely do 600 to 800 mile days on the Valk but it took a long time to get the right risers, handlebar location, seat, and floorboard combo.

My only complaints so far with the R3 ergonomics are the handlebar pullback and the rider peg/shifter positions. I'm having a hard time with the shifter peg and brake controls....they seem too short for size 14 boots. A set of forward controls might help also. I modified the shifter and brake pedals on the Valk, but I'm a bit leery of cutting, drilling and tapping the R3 levers for longer pegs since they are very pricey to replace (about $140 for the set). We'll see.

Any other suggestions are welcome. I have the 440s and Progressive fork springs on the Valk and it was the best upgrade for the money. This is definitely in my R3s future.

Back