Rocketeer in waiting. Hi from Munich, Germany

tgessner

.040 Over
Ride
Rocket 3R
There is a German proverb that says: Anticipation is the best part of the joy. Well, that is rubbish. While I am waiting for my new Rocket 3r, I probably have watched every Rocket-related Youtube video a dozen times, while becoming increasingly nervous in anticipation.

I am not a cruiser guy. My rides have been more on the sporty side and my playground are the Alps, preferably the Dolomites. Why then buy a 320kg beast of a motorcycle? Having test ridden the new Rocket, I expect it to handle the mountain passes well enough, while being fun on the way to the Alps. But that is not the point. Buying a Rocket cannot be rationalized, because the Rocket is the most irrational motorcycle of all motorcycles.

I think the Rocket 3 is a category of its own, if defies comparison. It is probably also the last of its kind, the biggest and badest fire-breathing horse we can own before we all must drive and ride electric. Petrolheads like me are also the last of our kind, an anachronism, ill-fitting into the sensitive, considerate, well-meaning and inclusive modern times.

Motorcycling should not end with a whimper, but with a bang. That is why the Rocket exists and that is why I must own one.

WELCOME!! to the R3 family from Miami, Florida. Based on your philosophy, you're in the right place. Be prepared for your new "Permanent Grin"... :thumbsup: :cool:
-MIG

There is a German proverb that says: Anticipation is the best part of the joy. Well, that is rubbish. While I am waiting for my new Rocket 3r, I probably have watched every Rocket-related Youtube video a dozen times, while becoming increasingly nervous in anticipation.

I am not a cruiser guy. My rides have been more on the sporty side and my playground are the Alps, preferably the Dolomites. Why then buy a 320kg beast of a motorcycle? Having test ridden the new Rocket, I expect it to handle the mountain passes well enough, while being fun on the way to the Alps. But that is not the point. Buying a Rocket cannot be rationalized, because the Rocket is the most irrational motorcycle of all motorcycles.

I think the Rocket 3 is a category of its own, if defies comparison. It is probably also the last of its kind, the biggest and badest fire-breathing horse we can own before we all must drive and ride electric. Petrolheads like me are also the last of our kind, an anachronism, ill-fitting into the sensitive, considerate, well-meaning and inclusive modern times.

Motorcycling should not end with a whimper, but with a bang. That is why the Rocket exists and that is why I must own one.

DUDE!

Introductory post of the year!

I would say welcome but that is too mild, I want to hug you. (in a manly way of course)

Well said brother..... and welcome to the asylum.

hi. good intro. welcome to the r3 family

Back