Thanks Tal, I'm counting down the days too :cool: and thanks for the tip about the rear suspension, I'm about 17 stone so having it set on firm suits me
..same...i go about 18 stone and i have my preload wound right to the top then back down 3 turns...i also adjusted the front and rear compression and rebound according to the settings recommended in the owners manual...
I have the manual on PDF files in my computer and was reading it way before getting the bike...its easy to access when youre inside at night pondering stuff.
I had the preload setting about halfway for a start when i fitted the lamonster tail tidy with the plate up under the taillight but kept hitting the plate when going thru bumps. I thought moving the preload up to the stiffist setting would fix that but it still touched. Now i have put the plate back to stock...almost.

This is with the Lamonster tail tidy.......then stock......then a slight change with the reflector at the bottom and the plate moved higher into the turn signals...ps..the turn signals are after market.

Attachments

• 20201211_081652.jpg
    20201211_081652.jpg
    390.3 KB · Views: 9
  • 20201220_101213.jpg
    20201220_101213.jpg
    273.3 KB · Views: 9
  • 20201222_132832.jpg
    20201222_132832.jpg
    353.9 KB · Views: 9
..same...i go about 18 stone and i have my preload wound right to the top then back down 3 turns...i also adjusted the front and rear compression and rebound according to the settings recommended in the owners manual...
I have the manual on PDF files in my computer and was reading it way before getting the bike...its easy to access when youre inside at night pondering stuff.
I had the preload setting about halfway for a start when i fitted the lamonster tail tidy with the plate up under the taillight but kept hitting the plate when going thru bumps. I thought moving the preload up to the stiffist setting would fix that but it still touched. Now i have put the plate back to stock...almost.

This is with the Lamonster tail tidy.......then stock......then a slight change with the reflector at the bottom and the plate moved higher into the turn signals...ps..the turn signals are after market.
Cheers,I'll download the manual, it will give me plenty of time to get to know the ins and outs of the bike before I get it..I think I've watched every available YouTube video about the Rocket, yet to see one where they are not impressed!

Back