Can I get some tired advice?

It could also be the way the Avons on it are worn. If worn kind of flat instead of even it'll surely make it feel awkward and non linear. I'd suggest stick with Avons front and rear solely for one reason, Avons are cheaper and very very soft so grip well, while learning the bike there is no such thing as too much grip:)

Thanks for this advice. I think I will go with the 140/75 up front and see how that feels. Would you recommend the same Cobra on the rear or opt for the Excedra Max?

Also from other posts, I will shift my weight to the outside more in slow turns and work thru that transition. Shocks are stock length with no changes, but after tire change I will look at refining suspension. Thanks all!

Like Clav said, go with bridgy Excedra Max on rear. It's a 55 instead of 50 so the slightly tall rear combined with shorter front makes for a great rake angle to improve your handling immensely :D :thumbsup: :cool:

Thanks Clav and Tex! I like sticky and would choose that over other characteristics. I had a Shinko rear on the Max that had a death grip on the pavement. It was a one season tire but worth the trouble of replacing more often. I think the Avon will last even longer. Thanks for your input on this subject.

Mine is a Touring, but I found quicker turn-in/easier steering with the Avons vs stock Metzlers, it is a big bike. The Avons have a sharper profile, I think that's about as good as you are going to get as far as easy steering, and they last about 50% longer than the stock tires, grip seems about equal.
I've had great performance out of the Bridstone Extrada, only in the front as I'm a darksider for the rear

When I had the Avons on the Rocket I only got about 8,000 on the rear and the front tire did not wear correctly, not cupped but uneven wear. (flat)

Shiet, I could only get 10k out of the front and 4K out of the rear(towing a trailer) and 8k without the trailer. I guess that's the price for power and weight?
I am a power slut and sometimes just can't resist the twist! shut up and twist.jpg

Back