Can I get some tired advice?

Your welcome Claviger...I'm full of crazy fun, lol! checking out my bike.jpg

Attachments

• checking out my bike.jpg
    checking out my bike.jpg
    45.8 KB · Views: 0
Okay guys, I get my bike back tomorrow with new rubber and brakes! I will let you know the results on handling. Also they called me and said they couldn't wait for me to be there and had to put her on the dyno without me. Soooo... I missed the show but I will have the dyno file in my email shortly. From the phone conversation, sounds like the 5th gear pull was 119 rwhp and 142 ft.-lb. of peak torque. As advertised on a stock R3. I am interested in the A/F ratios but its probably pretty good. I am just ready to get back to riding and enjoying the bike.
woohoo003.gif

Hey Claviger and EasTex,
Can't thank you enough for the the advice on the tire configuration. Just rode it home from the shop and it doesn't drive like the same bike. Slow turns at intersections are thoughtless now and flowed through a couple of twisties like they were not there. Only rode 20 miles or so but after breaking the tires in, it will be even better. Now I just gotta unlearn the old habits. Seriously, rides more nimble than I ever expected...thanks again guys!

Okay guys, I get my bike back tomorrow with new rubber and brakes! I will let you know the results on handling. Also they called me and said they couldn't wait for me to be there and had to put her on the dyno without me. Soooo... I missed the show but I will have the dyno file in my email shortly. From the phone conversation, sounds like the 5th gear pull was 119 rwhp and 142 ft.-lb. of peak torque. As advertised on a stock R3. I am interested in the A/F ratios but its probably pretty good. I am just ready to get back to riding and enjoying the bike.
woohoo003.gif
5th gear? Why didn't they use 4th, like the rest of the world does?

Like Clav said, go with bridgy Excedra Max on rear. It's a 55 instead of 50 so the slightly tall rear combined with shorter front makes for a great rake angle to improve your handling immensely :D :thumbsup: :cool:
Will this combination give me a fault code for the ABS? Looking at the chart that one of the members posted about this it states that the OEM is -3.9%, and with the combination mentioned above the difference is 2.2%. So that would be a 6.1% and it states that the ABS will fault at 6%.
Just doing some homework as I will be needing new rubber soon, and was looking into some alternate combinations also. I was originally looking at the 140/80R17 up front OR the ExedraMax on the rear but had not considered changing both due to the ABS?? :thumbsdown::banghead:

Back