cane corso

Turbocharged
Ride
05 Triumph rocket 111
Ok I'll try my best to repeat what my dealership said.
The cheapest way to gain Ten HP and Ten torque or more is you would take out the intake cam and replace it with a exhaust cam so you wouuld have two exhaust cams.
And this will give me at least 10 or more hp and torque, this way I just need to go buy a exhaust cam for about $500.00. He also said that my Rocket would sound more aggressive and have a deeper sound.
Has anyone done this? Or have any input? I would appreciated it.

I know that I could just go buy Nev's Cams for $1,000 but if there is not going to be much more gain in HP or Torque and sound, I could save $500.

Nev's miled Cams and Nev's high performance cams, whats the difference? How much Hp and torque will the miled cams give?

And how much more will the high performace cams give?

Wow.. haven't heard that about the exhaust cam.. I would think they would they be totally different.. Interesting concept though.. Has your dealer done this mod? If so I would ask to meet the person they did it for and check out their bike first..

If I'm not mistaken, I think that Rocket run on the Salt Flats from "Cycle Barn" in WA. had this exaust cam on the intake side change.

$

I would check your exchange rates if I were you. $1100Aust /pair roughly = $695 US. The stock exh cam would be better than the stock inlet,but needs work to fit as the holes do not line up.I can also sell you just the inlet cam if you wish, but hey,why not have the full benefit :)

Yes, they have done this with other bikes and they did do it for a Rocket they owned at Cycle Barn. They raced and it got the best time in the Quater mile, with 150 miles an hour.
But they ended up selling it to a guy and they said its still running smooth and they where getting 160 hp with stock exhaust without the baffals.
They just said it's a easy and cheaper way to gain an extra 10 or more hp and torque depending on pipes, and what set up you have. And he said because I have Jardine exhaust and K&N filters and tune boy that I should get 160, easy, or more.
I would like to hear if others have done this?

Neville, I just herd the cams are about $1,000. But $695 sounds better:)
So whats the difference of the miled cams and the high performance cams?
would the sound be different? how much more hp would I get with the miled cams?
And how much more would I get with the high performance cams?
right know with my set up I'm getting 150
Would high performance cams be harder on the engine and transmission?
And is the price the same for the miled cams as well as the high performance cams?
$695 is that for both cams the intake cam and the exhaust cam?

$

I have to use Aust $ here so I need $1100Aust a PAIR . If you want one cam it will obviously be half that :). Whatever cams you want are all the same price.The bigger cams will not work well unless you have other parts (pistons etc etc ).The drop in street cams work the best in a STOCK engine with exhaust and air filter mods. If you buy hotter cams and put in a stock engine it is at your peril. If you are doing 150 now you will get maybe 162-167 if the guy can tune well. It will feel like more as the engine comes alive,and feels like it wants to go.

X'Mas Shopping

Hi Neville,

I have given up the idea of turboing or supercharging my 4-year old Rocket. But I am still interested in extracting a bit more power from it. I am running a stock engine (INcl. the power limiter on gears 1-2-3) with the TOR tune, Mad Dog pipes and a K&N air filter, without snorkel. The bike idles and runs perfectly "as is", I should add

The questions are:

1) What would your street cams contribute, torque and peak HP-wise?
2) Would their installation require other changes (I am no TuneBoy adept)
3) What would the pair cost me, incl. packing and shipping to Switzerland? (I'd settle in AUS$ via interbank transfer).

Appreciate your feeback, either here or via PM. Best. Jamie

I asked my dealer about this, he said he has donw it in his racing bikes ( 600's etc)

said its usually due to must use stock parts rules, or the fact that its cheap and easy ...

I'm lookign for a stock exhaust cam to try this out...I'll report back if it works

Back