Cams, need mo power

I can't wait to be next to a $35,000 CVO Screamin Eagle whatever. Maybe when he stops to ask what just kicked his ass. I can let him in on our secret.what amazes me is your average, say, VStrom rider knows all about your R3T. Your average HD rider, no idea "Triumph makes big bikes too". My own brother, the 08 ultra bling machine, does'nt want to hear about it and is definitly afraid to ride with me.Maybe I won't learn till somebody kicks my ass!In the meantime I'll try to be humble.Hard when your the badest MFer in the Valley!! Please help me I need to slow the f*#k down!
My 86 yr. old mother asked me 8 yrs. ago, 2 totalled out bikes ago, "the good Lord was looking out for you again, will this teach you to slow down". Hell, the good Lord's looking out for me, I don't need to slow down. Fly low!

Regarding throttle bodies, you should check Head's post on the other site. He removed the throttle bodies from both his R3 Standard and his R3T and measured them. Guess what, exactly the same measurements. So, all the speculation about smaller throttle bodies being the cause of the reduced power is wrong.

I wonder why they have a different part number than the standards. Maybe the injectors are different?

The cams are the same part number.

I'll take the liberty of copying some of the data from Head's post. Maybe he'll stop by here with more info. Hopefully he won't mind my lifting below from his post.

05 Standard Rocket 3 part number stamped on each = 1245000-SEP
Inside measurement top = 55.88mm
Inside measurement bottom = 55.88mm

08 Touring Rocket 3 part number stamped on each = 145100-VH6
Inside measurement top = 55.88mm
Inside measurement bottom = 55.88mm

Then I looked at the injectors and where they seat and everything is exactly the same.

The only visible difference besides the part numbers is the color of the secondary plates and the rod that they connect to, on the 08 they seem to be a lighter bronze color and the seals where the rod goes through the throttle bodies are of a different rubber compound.

It sounds like the only difference is the ECU and the exhaust.

If you are not Drag Racing for money or trying to set a land speed record. My suggestion would be Just twist the throttle a little more:). The bike has enough power stock if you use it all it will scare the crap out of you any day:eek:. I put all my money onto bling. It is important to look good as you pass.:D

If you are not Drag Racing for money or trying to set a land speed record. My suggestion would be Just twist the throttle a little more:). The bike has enough power stock if you use it all it will scare the crap out of you any day:eek:. I put all my money onto bling. It is important to look good as you pass.:D
U R HD material!

U R HD material!

You make an interesting point.

Never having owned another cruiser, let alone a Harley, in my 40+ years of riding, adding chrome do-dads seems quite foreign. I've never considered adding something to a motorcycle simply to make it look better.

Now performance changes are another matter. I've tweaked every bike I've owned. Engine performance, suspension, comfort, and carrying capacity are all things I attempt to improve. I'm no longer willing to go to the extreme of power-adders like many here, but intake/exhaust/tuning are all areas that are in play. If I run out of things to change I usually end up bike shopping shortly thereafter. So the question of why try to get more performance out of a touring bike seems quite silly to me. The easy answer is because that's what I bought.

Oh well, that's just my opinion. I could be wrong.....

this is unfortunately a road block iv hit, it seams the "tap"is always fully open. i go through a rear tire in about 3000-3500 miles and don't plan on changing my game plan. its just too much fun! i weigh 320lbs and with jars i was running in the mid 11s. not to bad but the appeal of a super charger or N.A. buildup is always appealing. :D

U R HD material!

Sorry Scowherd but he pegged you on that one. :kk:

Stick, I can’t find much to agree with Flip in his last post. I don’t buy bikes with any concern about resale value. I pretty much expect to get hosed when I sell. And comparing a performance tuned R3T to a sport bike with bags seems a little absurd. But “Don’t do Jap ****“. Where’d that come from? I’m just curious, because Jap bikes can rightly be accused of a lot of things … crap isn’t one of them. You own Triumph so I’m assuming your bias is more anti-Japanese than pro-American. In any event, I’m also curious about your idea for using a cold induction bear claw. I don’t know **** about twisting wrenches so I have to rely on a local shop for the work and you guys on the net for the ideas.

Back