Cam cover gasket replacement time

Allrighty, it cam cover gasket time now.
Have gotten past the leaking shaft drive, that's all fixed.

Is there and particular causes of the cam cover gasket leaking, anything else I should check at the time?

I have hd the new gasket out laying flat, thank you Scot, so its all nice and flat, ready to be installed.

Capture.JPG

Noticed a slight leak at the rear right of the cover and the gasket seems distorted and broken allowing a leak.
Have smeared some gasket repair in to keep riding and just ordered the new gasket.

Is there any tips or tricks for this job?

Watching the fuel tank removal thread as this is what I will be doing as a start!
Hi, I have a minor leak from the front end of the cover. Oil is seeping out but not significantly. I suspect it might be a case of tightening the cover, but I don't know the torque setting. Can anyone help please?

Hi, I have a minor leak from the front end of the cover. Oil is seeping out but not significantly. I suspect it might be a case of tightening the cover, but I don't know the torque setting. Can anyone help please?
The bolts that hold the cover on are shouldered, meaning they can only put so much pressure on the gasket before they bottom out (the shoulder contacts the mating surface). I don't know the torque spec right off, but as long as it has bottomed, it's doing all it can. The problem seems to be, starting with the Roadster, Triumph eliminated the groove around the edge of the valve cover. My '05 (with the groove) is still using the factory installed gasket.

My 07 still good.
I wonder if u could take different bolts and use spacers 0.020 shorter might work if it didn't push out the gasket.
If the gasket is already out then forget about it.

My 07 still good.
I wonder if u could take different bolts and use spacers 0.020 shorter might work if it didn't push out the gasket.
If the gasket is already out then forget about it.
I don't believe its a pressure issue, it's a gasket sliding out issue because of no groove. Just my .05¢ worth.

Back