Calling all nw & west coast rockets

moab in my opinion could be / more than likely a bit pricier being as its a tourist trap town /make reservations EARLY especially june/july time frame, pretty area but in middle of no place, good day round trip just to see anything (grand junction colo. big town not much else; south to blanding utah canyon country little farther? 4 corners monument not putting moab down great place just feel you might just be stuck there unless you spend night wherever you else you go. st. george; lake powell, bryce zion las vegas grand canyon even overnighter to moab if you wish both with open hiways not any mountains tho

When in Moab....Arches National Park & this..

Dead Horse Point State Park | Moab Utah USA

What time of year are you folks planning on making this ride? I say that, as I was a wee bit north of Saint George the first week of October 2007 and got snowed out. I had to make a hot run to get back down the I-15 to Saint George where the sun was shining. It got ugly quick!:eek:

Thoughts are around July / Aug.

That seems to workout for everyone. It gets us southern folk out of the oven for a while.

July, August sounds good to me!

So Nolton, you should think about coming up into AS, when I'm riding the NW part of the state for a few days before I head through Elvis country and on to Power Tripp's for a dyno. Love to meet your mug and buy a brew - or four?
1olbull

July, August sounds good to me!

So Nolton, you should think about coming up into AS, when I'm riding the NW part of the state for a few days before I head through Elvis country and on to Power Tripp's for a dyno. Love to meet your mug and buy a brew - or four?
1olbull

What is AS ?

Apologies, me no typist. :(
AR - yes indeedie, Arkansas is what I meant to write.
1olbull

I would be honored to meet you but Arkansas is a few hours from me.
Let me know when and where and I will try to be there.

Warning !!!!!!!! I-40 is under construction. Just pick a spot and its probably one lane for a few miles.

I would be honored to meet you but Arkansas is a few hours from me.
Let me know when and where and I will try to be there.

Warning !!!!!!!! I-40 is under construction. Just pick a spot and its probably one lane for a few miles.

That's AWESOME, Nolton.
I have checked Google maps and now I see it is indeed 260 miles and about 3 hours from Florien to Mena, AR. I plan to be around for 4 -5 days, more if necessary, because I want to ride as many of the cool roads as possible. We are considering holing up for a few days at Harrison, AR and doing day rides out of there. Perhaps a second place more south to hole up for a couple more days may work as well. I do want to ride the Talimena scenic Drive and hwy 7 north or south between Hot Springs and Harrison. Right now I have a map full of roads I want to ride but no sequence or plan. I do enjoy winging it :D

Regarding what you said about I-40, no problema! We try and avoid the slab whenever possible. We be about the twisties and scenery.
Any ideas, suggestions?

Back