Calling all nw & west coast rockets

Ogremeister

Turbocharged
moab in my opinion could be / more than likely a bit pricier being as its a tourist trap town /make reservations EARLY especially june/july time frame, pretty area but in middle of no place, good day round trip just to see anything (grand junction colo. big town not much else; south to blanding utah canyon country little farther? 4 corners monument not putting moab down great place just feel you might just be stuck there unless you spend night wherever you else you go. st. george; lake powell, bryce zion las vegas grand canyon even overnighter to moab if you wish both with open hiways not any mountains tho

When in Moab....Arches National Park & this..

Dead Horse Point State Park | Moab Utah USA

nolton

Living Legend
Ride
2009 black standard
What time of year are you folks planning on making this ride? I say that, as I was a wee bit north of Saint George the first week of October 2007 and got snowed out. I had to make a hot run to get back down the I-15 to Saint George where the sun was shining. It got ugly quick!:eek:

Thoughts are around July / Aug.

That seems to workout for everyone. It gets us southern folk out of the oven for a while.

1olbull

Riding Motor Since 1950
Ride
2012 R3R "Kong" - 2011 R3R "YurMama"
July, August sounds good to me!

So Nolton, you should think about coming up into AS, when I'm riding the NW part of the state for a few days before I head through Elvis country and on to Power Tripp's for a dyno. Love to meet your mug and buy a brew - or four?
1olbull

nolton

Living Legend
Ride
2009 black standard
July, August sounds good to me!

So Nolton, you should think about coming up into AS, when I'm riding the NW part of the state for a few days before I head through Elvis country and on to Power Tripp's for a dyno. Love to meet your mug and buy a brew - or four?
1olbull

What is AS ?

nolton

Living Legend
Ride
2009 black standard
Apologies, me no typist. :(
AR - yes indeedie, Arkansas is what I meant to write.
1olbull

I would be honored to meet you but Arkansas is a few hours from me.
Let me know when and where and I will try to be there.

Warning !!!!!!!! I-40 is under construction. Just pick a spot and its probably one lane for a few miles.

1olbull

Riding Motor Since 1950
Ride
2012 R3R "Kong" - 2011 R3R "YurMama"
I would be honored to meet you but Arkansas is a few hours from me.
Let me know when and where and I will try to be there.

Warning !!!!!!!! I-40 is under construction. Just pick a spot and its probably one lane for a few miles.

That's AWESOME, Nolton.
I have checked Google maps and now I see it is indeed 260 miles and about 3 hours from Florien to Mena, AR. I plan to be around for 4 -5 days, more if necessary, because I want to ride as many of the cool roads as possible. We are considering holing up for a few days at Harrison, AR and doing day rides out of there. Perhaps a second place more south to hole up for a couple more days may work as well. I do want to ride the Talimena scenic Drive and hwy 7 north or south between Hot Springs and Harrison. Right now I have a map full of roads I want to ride but no sequence or plan. I do enjoy winging it :D

Regarding what you said about I-40, no problema! We try and avoid the slab whenever possible. We be about the twisties and scenery.
Any ideas, suggestions?