Calling all nw & west coast rockets

moab in my opinion could be / more than likely a bit pricier being as its a tourist trap town /make reservations EARLY especially june/july time frame, pretty area but in middle of no place, good day round trip just to see anything (grand junction colo. big town not much else; south to blanding utah canyon country little farther? 4 corners monument not putting moab down great place just feel you might just be stuck there unless you spend night wherever you else you go. st. george; lake powell, bryce zion las vegas grand canyon even overnighter to moab if you wish both with open hiways not any mountains tho

I think I need ro head to the UP then across 2 and head to Utah for a little sight seeing mid to late June:) Definitely Copper Harbour in the UP while crossing it.

I agree about Mohab. I'm not saying I know the area that good, but I've got a friend that lives in the Saint George area and he has taken me all over the area. The reason I mentioned Saint George was it's centrally located to a lot of places to ride and it has several good motel/hotels and eateries.

And for the gamblers in the group, Mesquite Nevada is but an hours ride away through the majestic Virgin River Gorge. The farther you get into Utah and the farther you go east and north, the smaller the towns become. Then you are more remotely located for motels, food and such. Just a thought.

What time of year are you folks planning on making this ride? I say that, as I was a wee bit north of Saint George the first week of October 2007 and got snowed out. I had to make a hot run to get back down the I-15 to Saint George where the sun was shining. It got ugly quick!:eek:

Yeah, snow in October is why I am going to have to buy a trailer if I go to RRA Texas. Still thinking about it. Maybe trailer to a place I can leave the truck and trailer and ride the rest of the way.

Yeah, snow in October is why I am going to have to buy a trailer if I go to RRA Texas. Still thinking about it. Maybe trailer to a place I can leave the truck and trailer and ride the rest of the way.
You know you got a place here in Tulsa:)

I appreciate that Lupe. Now to find a decent trailer at a good price. Not like I am going to use it a great deal. I prefer riding everyplace I go:). I suppose if I got an enclosed some I could store the beast in it and free up garage space in the winter.

That is what I do with my snowmobile trailer.

Back