[Jan 9, 2015] 8th Annual Below Zero Hero Run (West Fargo,ND)

Ron

Air Cav!
Ride
2013 Rocket III Touring
Friends, I would like to let you know about the North Dakota State Chapter of the US Military Vets Motorcycle Clubs 8th annual "Below Zero Hero Run" taking place January 17th, 2015. Funds from this event are donated to the local Veteran's Re-education fund. This event has been called the "Coldest Regularly Scheduled Motorcycle Run in the United States" and we have put bikes on the road with the air temperature as low as -13 degrees F which translates to about -70 degree windchills at freeway speed! We have raised in the neighborhood of US$17,000 to date with this event. Check out the US Military Vets-ND website for more info!

Wow! This is great! Being a Vietnam vet, I appreciate the effort. I've lived in Texas for many years. I retired from FDIC in 2008. I was on a detail up to Fargo for four months in 2003, six months in 2004 and then spent 14 months in 2006 - 2007. I had never been to ND before. I fell in love with the state. I hear things aren't so "nice" anymore since all the "oil trash" showed up. Too bad.

Friends, I would like to let you know about the North Dakota State Chapter of the US Military Vets Motorcycle Clubs 8th annual "Below Zero Hero Run" taking place January 17th, 2015. Funds from this event are donated to the local Veteran's Re-education fund. This event has been called the "Coldest Regularly Scheduled Motorcycle Run in the United States" and we have put bikes on the road with the air temperature as low as -13 degrees F which translates to about -70 degree windchills at freeway speed! We have raised in the neighborhood of US$17,000 to date with this event. Check out the US Military Vets-ND website for more info!

Sorry that I missed this thread!
Daaaaaaaaaaaaamn!
Great cause and . . . HOW COLD WAS IT???

10346058_488716464602669_3287519183733768971_n.jpg
Sorry that I missed this thread!
Daaaaaaaaaaaaamn!
Great cause and . . . HOW COLD WAS IT???
Sorry to have taken so long to get back to you! You are certainly welcome to come and see us next year for the 9th Annual Below Zero Hero Run! This year was downright balmy for us here in North Dakota...the day started out with freezing rain, and glazed roads. We postponed the ride until later in the afternoon, when the ice had melted ( we had other events going on at the same time ), with the riders leaving the starting point at about 2:30pm. The temp at that time was about 38 degrees, but in the past we have put bikes out at -13degrees F, with some blowing snow! Thanks for your interest in this on-going project! Please find attached an admittedly poor photo of our last poster.

Back