I’m pretty confident they don’t weight much if any less than my bike, which is 690 wet, but without fuel.

That’s a 2.875lb per hp ratio, not terrible.

No, not at all, but now they have 400 lb bikes that make 200 hp stock. One advantage the rocket has is the weight and wheelbase mean you can launch all that power without flipping over backwards, LOL.

The gas tank was/is the biggest problem. Most all aftermarket gas tanks have a hump in the center, as most frames are a single center top tube type. Rocket tank needs to be flat on the bottom, to accommodate the fuel pump, filter, and by-pass valve. I wound up with a 3 gallon round aluminum tank on my Rocket hard tail chopper, and plumbing the external fuel pump, regulator, by-pass lines, was a BIG pain. Still not happy with the setup, but it works and runs, and I'm gettin too old to be fabricating all dis chit.

The real key is laden weight:

Mufasa + fuel + me = 3.876 lb/hp
S1000RR + fuel + me = 3.435lb/hp

Then look at torque and gearing, built R3s still have a big advantage over all sportbikes on the market except one ....

663BE234-6E9F-4465-A377-9ADABD90CA27.jpeg

I worked out all the gearing to torque and weight math for the Pannigale V4, ZX10, S1000RR, R1, and RSV4RF. The Ducati has the best gearing and power/weight after gearing is applied, which is why stock PV4s are stomping tuned and modified Japanese counterparts that make more power, the ultra close ratio gearbox.

I have really bad knees, and COPD, again, the best thing I could do for both is lose weight.

I 'member that Falcon!
I hear tis sitting in parts in some museum these days. :eek: :oops: :(
Nope basement in Illinois, she will rise again. But kids first. Thank god I have the Titan to ride.

Although this old man will point out I have most of you beat in the a:tt:r arse to thrust ratio :D

If I were a truly adventurous man I’d figure out how to mount an R3 motor in a much smaller bike, like a SV1000 or a BMW R1200 alas I’m not.

Back