The Story about Standox isn't true. More than likely Triumph is using waterborne product. I do not know whose water, it may be Standox. Europe has been using water longer than the USA. Solvent products have been almost completely eliminated at the OEM level in the UK and other countries in Europe. PPG is OEM on several automotive and motorcycle products in Europe and the USA. I would say you will have color match with EHP or Aqua Base paint. You need to reach out to English Color in your area and they will guide you down the right path.

I bought paint from ColorRite both Cranberry Red & Phantom Black. I bought spray bombs at $38- each. Colors 30230, 10230. (black) 30055 & 1005 (red) I had a fairing and a top case painted. I needed 2 cans of each red and 1 can of each black. I think it matched pretty well. they also sell it in pint, quart , gallon and other sizes.
ColorRite does a great job with color match. I am in the paint business and I have had to purchase paint from them for a white tricoat on a Kawasaki I could not match to save my life. And I have the all the best paint lines at my disposal.

I bought paint from ColorRite both Cranberry Red & Phantom Black. I bought spray bombs at $38- each. Colors 30230, 10230. (black) 30055 & 1005 (red) I had a fairing and a top case painted. I needed 2 cans of each red and 1 can of each black. I think it matched pretty well. they also sell it in pint, quart , gallon and other sizes.
OK, you need to tell me about the tour pak and the fairing.

I had a 2008 cranberry on black gas tank sanded to bare metal, painted in factory colors, with the pin striping, and it matched the fenders perfectly.

This was the result of what looked like "keying" on one side.

The total cost was less than $300, and that included everything except R&R of the tank, which I did myself.

They did have to order the paint, but they had no trouble getting it.

I had a 2008 cranberry on black gas tank sanded to bare metal, painted in factory colors, with the pin striping, and it matched the fenders perfectly.

This was the result of what looked like "keying" on one side.

The total cost was less than $300, and that included everything except R&R of the tank, which I did myself.

They did have to order the paint, but they had no trouble getting it.
Did you have the gold pin stripe? And if so do you know what color code or name it was?

Yes, it was gold if I remember correctly.

I do not remember who the paint supplier was. I just went to the best local antique restoration body shop, and they worked up a quote. They're always really busy, so it took about a month to get to my job, but they did a perfect job.

OK, you need to tell me about the tour pak and the fairing.
The Tourpack is a Harley Ultra I adapted and the Fairing is Tsukayu
DSC01644.JPG
DSC01550.JPG

My knowledge of commercial paint is kindergarten level. You guys left me at the base coat clear coat paragraph. So my interest is purely finance. I just replaced my fairing due to loosing an argument with a 8" diameter tree branch. I also scratched up my gas tank. My local body shop is known locally for doing fancy paint jobs on classic cars. I've used them a half a dozen times over 40 years. The cost for painting my knew fairing and gas tank came to a grand total of $380.00 complete. Paint labor pin stripe etc. The body shop owner told me that matching the paint was " No big deal."

image.jpeg
My knowledge of commercial paint is kindergarten level. You guys left me at the base coat clear coat paragraph. So my interest is purely finance. I just replaced my fairing due to loosing an argument with a 8" diameter tree branch. I also scratched up my gas tank. My local body shop is known locally for doing fancy paint jobs on classic cars. I've used them a half a dozen times over 40 years. The cost for painting my knew fairing and gas tank came to a grand total of $380.00 complete. Paint labor pin stripe etc. The body shop owner told me that matching the paint was " No big deal."
Oh forgot the picture

Back