Chip, I believe your bike is right up in the top 3 R3T with a fairing and tour pak I have seen. There is a Blue one on here that is very nice, I forget who it belongs too. $380 seems like a good price for repair and paint, without really knowing the extent of the damage. The tools for finding the correct colors have become so much better over the past 2 years that we can pretty much get a panel match color these days.

I originally purchased Colorite to redo the rear fender on my Intruder. The color was sooooo perfect, and for a color that has not been repeated since 1996! I got some New England White to paint my Bell Rogue, it matches the white on my Rocket....and that turned out swell. Now my head won't bake when I am wearing that helmet!

My knowledge of commercial paint is kindergarten level. You guys left me at the base coat clear coat paragraph. So my interest is purely finance. I just replaced my fairing due to loosing an argument with a 8" diameter tree branch. I also scratched up my gas tank. My local body shop is known locally for doing fancy paint jobs on classic cars. I've used them a half a dozen times over 40 years. The cost for painting my knew fairing and gas tank came to a grand total of $380.00 complete. Paint labor pin stripe etc. The body shop owner told me that matching the paint was " No big deal."

Yes Chip, that is a good price!

Beautiful bike. I have a question? Where do you find the chrome trim for the bags and fender and whatever. I have not found anyplace that lists these accessories as a package. I have found the drawings in the Triumph parts list. Seems stupid to order everything piece by piece? And those drawings are so easy to read!!! righttttttttttt.

Also I am looking at using colorrite rattle cans to paint my trunk I am bringing back to life. Never done a paint job like this. It appears to be much more precise than just spraying on layers. I am thinking and hoping that I only need 1 can of each application?

Rooky painter have no idea what I am doing billy

Last edited:
My 2013 R3R has the red racing stripes. I've been thinking of painting my bearclaw (or having it painted) to match. I've attempted to find out exactly what paint color those stripes are, without success to this point. Any advice/suggestions?

The red stripe may be hard to find a code for. There are a few paint suppliers in your area that may be able to help you. Bring the bike and have them do a camera shot of the stripe and they should be able to get a good match. Colors Edge and Blue Ridge Color are both in Winston Salem. There is also Rouzer Motor Parts that also sells paint. Some distributors are more helpful than others. Good luck.

The red stripe may be hard to find a code for. There are a few paint suppliers in your area that may be able to help you. Bring the bike and have them do a camera shot of the stripe and they should be able to get a good match. Colors Edge and Blue Ridge Color are both in Winston Salem. There is also Rouzer Motor Parts that also sells paint. Some distributors are more helpful than others. Good luck.
Thanks!

My 2013 R3R has the red racing stripes. I've been thinking of painting my bearclaw (or having it painted) to match. I've attempted to find out exactly what paint color those stripes are, without success to this point. Any advice/suggestions?
I believe the stripes are actually tape (unless you have the striped flyscreen which is painted). However, most decent auto paint stores have a special machine which is placed over the paint and magically give the formula for matching existing paint. It will also tell you how accurate the measurement match will be. Works very well too match your color!

I believe the stripes are actually tape (unless you have the striped flyscreen which is painted). However, most decent auto paint stores have a special machine which is placed over the paint and magically give the formula for matching existing paint. It will also tell you how accurate the measurement match will be. Works very well too match your color!

Thanks, Leatal!

Beautiful bike. I have a question? Where do you find the chrome trim for the bags and fender and whatever. I have not found anyplace that lists these accessories as a package.

Unfortunately lots of this accessory stuff is obsoleted by Triumph and not available. It's annoying. For instance, I'd love to get a chrome oil tank to "balance out" the look of the bike a bit more (it looks killer on the side with the headers, and like crap on the side with the black oil tank) but so far I'm out of luck. Same with the pannier trim and front fender trim stuff.

Back