Bridgestone tires for the R3 Standard/Classic/Roadster

The Max tire was released over here by B'stone in late april- early may 2011, battersea.

They also sell a G850, G851, G853 and a few others with different G designations, all of which are made for specific bikes.

I bought mine over late last summer from DennisKirk.com for $156 shipped. Their price now is about 10% higher than the price I paid.

Interesting! If the Max has been available in the USA since May last year I cant understand the delay in bringing it in to Europe by now. :(

$156+10% - $172, thats £110 at todays rate. :eek: Cant even get a front tyre for that price. Even if you add on the 'rip-off' 20% VAT we have to pay, it only makes £132. :mad:

The exedra max is rated at 149mph same as metz but the bridgy G701f is rated to 130 mph compared with the metz 149 mph.
doesnt look like they make the exedra max for the front

Mind you 209 kph / 130 mph should be fine . i hit 200 from time to time but its nice to have that little bit of extra assurance and peace of mind with the 239 kph rating of the metz 149mph:cool:

perhaps ill keep the metz front and put a exedra max on the back
is it safe to do that and mix my breeds?
if not ill just stick with the metz they have never done me wrong :cool:

Mind you 209 kph / 130 mph should be fine . i hit 200 from time to time but its nice to have that little bit of extra assurance and peace of mind with the 239 kph rating of the metz 149mph:cool:

perhaps ill keep the metz front and put a exedra max on the back
is it safe to do that and mix my breeds?
if not ill just stick with the metz they have never done me wrong :cool:

Ive been running the metz on the front with the B/stone on the rear for 12 months and I think its great.
The metz has given me about 25000klms or 2 b/stones rears to 1 metz front.

ride height

Well I'm a little short legged and the stock height is about right for me. How much more does the Bridgestone raise it?? Would love to try them on the rear.

I worked it out once but can't remember exactly. Somewhere around an inch - bit less. I did 'feel' it was taller. If you're just touching down now it would be but of a stretch but certainly worth trying them, IMO.

Back