Bridgestone tires for the R3 Standard/Classic/Roadster

I am confused about the various Bridgestones. The Exedra max, Exedra G852, Exedra G852G? Are these the same tire but with a different name for the various markets e.g. U.K.,Usa etc. There is a website advertising the rear at an amazing price( for Canada) in Montreal and says it is Zr rated. Bridgestone's website (North America) only lists the Vr tire.
On another note I've never heard mention of the Metz being dual compound?

According to what i have read the G designation indicates that that particular tire is either the OEM tire for certain motorcycles or that it is made specifically to fit certain makes/models.

As far as I can tell the "Max" designation distinguishes the tire from all other Exedras in that it has a higher speed rating (Z or 149+ mph) than the others and a different, longer lasting compound.

Bridgestone's UK website doesn't even mention Tyres for Cruisers never mind Exedra Max ! I wonder what their response will be Battersea?

I can say as I get them broke in, I like these Bridgestones, I had a nice ride into work this morning with 45 degree temps.. :) If they give good service life without cupping, or other issues, I will be using these for the foreseeable future.. :) I love the Avons, they perform well and look awesome, but we're talking a huge price difference and I know my front tire is not Z rated, but since I've never seen the North side of 150MPH on a bike, I think a V rated tire will be just fine. Bridgestone Exedra Max rear / Bridgestone G701 front. Still gotta get pics before I have them worn to nothing!.. lol

According to what i have read the G designation indicates that that particular tire is either the OEM tire for certain motorcycles or that it is made specifically to fit certain makes/models.

As far as I can tell the "Max" designation distinguishes the tire from all other Exedras in that it has a higher speed rating (Z or 149+ mph) than the others and a different, longer lasting compound.
If you are correct then the Z rated tire advertised is an awesome price and could tempt me into buying a set ready for when my Avons are used up. They are advertised at $166.00 for the rear. The best price I found for Metz previously was $400.00 so it's a no brainer.

That makes sense, the G852G is standard fitting to a Suzuki Intruder C1800R.

Bridgestone's UK website doesn't even mention Tyres for Cruisers never mind Exedra Max ! I wonder what their response will be Battersea?

I'm wondering to - no reply as yet. I called the local Bridgestone dealer today, they have no listings for the Max, not even the G852 that I know is available over here. They did say that as the Max is relatively new it may not be available in Europe yet due to not having the required 'E' stamp.

The Max tire was released over here by B'stone in late april- early may 2011, battersea.

They also sell a G850, G851, G853 and a few others with different G designations, all of which are made for specific bikes.

I bought mine over late last summer from DennisKirk.com for $156 shipped. Their price now is about 10% higher than the price I paid.

Back